Attempt to access invalid address error (plz help plz)

PoptimusPrime

Hi there, so I am starting to lose hope on this. Every time I launch Vortex, and every time I try to add oblivion, I get this message popping up.

I have tried first to ignore it, but it seems like none of my mods are loading, so I believe this is related.

List of troubleshooting steps I have taken:

-Full reinstall of vortex

-Updated windows

-Several different regedit fixes

-Ransomware protection off, anti-virus protection off

-Disk cleanup

-Virus scan

Hopefully someone can help with some advice ;w;

301c7799ab06d551428be0866bbbda9d.png

can you post the error message???

also what regedit "fixes"?

The above screenshot is the only message I get.

I followed this guide for some suggestions but it didn't make much difference https://windowsreport.com/attempt-access-invalid-address-fix/

I think I have come to realize it is an entirely windows 11 thing, the game itself will refuse to launch outside of vortex no matter what compatibility mode I try so... I suppose that's gonna be the end of it.

You have the Game Pass version? Installing to program files generally isn't a good idea, but, that is likely where MS suggested you put it. Could try creating an exception for the game in your antivirus..... If you can't even start the game directly, there is something else going on, not just a vortex problem.

Just asking this so you can maybe avoid a bunch of troubleshooting that results in nothing when you discover this ... the GamePass version does not support Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE).

My question is, do any of the mods you wish to use require OBSE?

If the answer is yes you can avoid a bunch of troubleshooting the GamePass version issues ... the only valid reason to continue troubleshooting this would be if you only want non-OBSE mods. Otherwise, to run the game un-modded just install it and forget about using Vortex for it at all.

If you in fact do want to use OBSE dependant mods then you will need to get either the GOG version or Steam version of Oblivion.