Fort Death - Player owned fort with unique capabilities

Ranokoa

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this mod is unfortunetly probably going to be postponed on release date again because vicICE has some trouble he can not avoid. Some lousy teacher decided to be lazy and not turn in the grades and he has to go to the grade commision or something. For the next possible 10 days he will be gone.

• 4 months later...

Okay. Fort Death is back on the "to do list". Im actually REALLY suprised this forum thread STILL exists but thank god it does because it saved me a but load of typing and allows me to reread old data.

Little update: As Fort Death progresses there are certain things we want to put into the mod but want to test them out without really having a chance to ruin anything crucial. SO what ima be doin is making stand-alone mods that impliment the primary functions wanted to be tested out without being too flashy. If they work out well they will be implimented in Fort Death's main file but 100% completely flashy! That way even if you have the old you will want to get rid of it and get with the new :)

Example: Currently making a small quest to obtain a little island as your own with a little lore and backstory to go behind it. However, because of certain things that are needed to be put in that can cause potential problems for data that is already there this one is itself going to be made a standalone mod. It will be a small quest where you buy passage to a far off land.. not quite really decided on storyline here just on main physics of the whole thing, and instead you get shipwrecked onto an island which has strange energies about it and a very ancient history with plenty of flashy, tricky, and awesome looking features and or eyecandy.

With a little cleverness i have figured out how to make the simplest of things look absalutely awe shocking.. i actually figured it out quite a while ago.. basically turning small, anyone can do things and arranging them in such a manner that it looks really good when put into the game.

SPOILER WARNING: If you have not played the BETA please do not read the below

Such as the easy scripts of disabling and enabling objects. Very simple and most people can do them, but with a little cleverness we used such things in a different way that i dont really think was used before. As a matter of fact to my knowledge no other mod before this one (im not too sure about after) used the scripts in a way to actually teleport and entire large mass of property owned by the player far across the lands of cyrodiil, essentially putting a giant triangle of border-to-border distance within a flash.

Spoiler Warning Over: Read below safely

My goal and intent from here on out is to pretty much do that. Put features and eyecandy, and hopefully both together, into the mod to finish it up with a good bang and a lot of lore. Using old methods of modding for new purposes and combining them to make a whole brand new concept.

PS: Does anyone know if there was a mod that teleported things such in the way we put it together here? Cause if not it would be an awesome thing to know i came up with an original idea that turned out to work, and my good friend vicICE or pronam or whatever he is not im a lil confused on that whole issue, was the first to actually DO it. Dynamic duo of evil... Evily awesome modding!

Happy to say that i feel that i might be coming back to modding. Maybe not full time like i was before, but i definetly would like to finish up this awesome mod that we have spent the better part of 2 months time and 5 months WORTH of work into. This is a little bit announcement, little bit update. AND i feel if i didnt type this out and submit it i would probably have a higher chance of procrastinating about the whole issue. With it being put into public eye i feel more obliged to do it, even if it is myself im trying to hold the obligation to.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

vicICE or pronam or whatever he is not im a lil confused on that whole issue

Good to see you're slightly coming back again.

Lolz, I've removed the message on my profile yesterday which stated that everyone may always still call me Vic for the easiness.

This mod looks good for my Necromancer/ Cannibal/ Anti-Nine Char. Seeing as you mentioned a "Temporal Reconfiguration Chamber," which I guess could be interpreted as "Time Reconfiguration Chamber," or maybe it just reconfigures something for a certain amount of time... idk... but it made me think that it would be cool if the Fort itself could see into the future... and you could use dead tortured captives as a sort of "divination motor" to maintain the fort's energy, so that it could virtually tell the future of itself and the surrounding area. Books can tell the past, but when it comes to the future, necromancy is required. So maybe when you torture enough captives to death in the right way, and then sleep in the fort, its walls will speak to you or a lich would come up to you and tell you of a vision of what will happen...anything from the next oncoming invaders to just stories about the place, and how it relates to you, the character.

Reply to Black Ninja:

SPOILER WARNING!!!

The Temporal Reconfiguration Chamber teleports the entire fort and undead minion guards outside to different areas of cyrodiil. One near leyawiin, one near Anvil, and one (by default) near bruma. Basically triangulating cyrodiil. Good for quick escapes and or if you plan on looting a city its easier to get back to your fort! There will be other locations in the future it can teleport to. The one we want to focus on next, when that time comes, is a secluded, impossible to get to area possibly far far above the earth's surface. Maybe outside the Imperial City. Who knows. Anyways, thats what the Temporal Reconfiguration Chamber does. Bends time and space to teleport. Just because its the space time continueum doesnt mean that time is involved. There will be no traveling to the future. However.... maybe if after the thing itself is complete i could try working on traveling to sections of the past in the immediate area of where the forts are located... but i doubt it will get to that ever. Too much hassle.

Anyways, thanks for the comments :)