⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fort Death - Player owned fort with unique capabilities

Ranokoa

Well, I'm ready for the playtesting, whenever it happens to come out,

I'll be sure to try to break everything, so it can become unbreakable

I'll be sure to mercilessly critique your home-decor, so it can look good

I'll be sure to tell you if there is anything that the player might not be able to figure out without becoming frustrated, so you can...umm... make it easier to understand...maybe... :P

-Well, make sure to keep having fun with this, I am sure it is going to turn out great!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When vicICE turns over the new version with the spells i am going to write a "spoilers" Book that explains absalutely everything, and how they work in case you should need it. It should ONLY be read if you are ABSALUTELY stuck, not just lazy.

Things that need to be done before the playtesting release (as we know so far)

Cluttering the Dungeon (which will be kept to an absalute minimum for performance sake)

Guards that patrol and have their AI all set

Mercenary to buy the guards from

Beggining quest

Torture Chamber functioning.

Execution Chamber functioning and cluttered

Feeding pit torture room functioning (not yet even started)

Body Pit functioning

Dungeon imprisonment spells working

More clutter to the living quarters

Slight redecoration and clutter to Vault

Apperantly some OBSE work on Temporal Reconfiguration Chamber.

Forgotten Isles quest completed

Forgotten Isles shaped, and cluttered.

Storyline (books notes ETC) finished. That wont take long on my part. Couple hours tops.

Portal Room started and completed (will take 30 min tops)

Laboratory completed

Spoiler Book made.

Will take a week or two if i REALLY high tail it. But, then again, its been 2 days since i last modded this because the spells REALLY required a lot of work, and vicICE doesnt have all the time in the world. SO by the time i get it back ill be so excited to continue modding it i will proly finish it all earlier than i thought and better as well lol. Anyways, honestly, i really wish we never had to upload it.. im having too much fun modding it.

I love modding, it is my fun and excitment, but i RARELY come across a mod where no matter how tedious some of the work can be, it is exciting and fun all the way through. Ive never had such an inspiration to mod before. JEEZ i love forts now lol. Anyways, after this is complete you can only imagine how Fort Fear will go with this attitude :)

Good you feel that way! I'm still here as well, raring to go... first project with a team for me so I'm expecting to learn quite a bit... And with the attitude your showing...we will go through it like cake! Which reminds me of portal...

"You will be burnt, and then there will be cake." Only realized what that line meant the second time through...

And spoiler to ya(kinda)

The cake is not a lie!

You got a bit of topic guys :).

K... Seems that we have a change/addition to our plans..We're going to release the mods in parts..

There will be master file that will contain the important parts of the mod...Next to that, a couple of plugins will be released..

Now the fun part; we'll stay on this mod for a while.. for just one reason...its a good testing ground...

At first we're going to add some plugins for OBSE-additions, but we thought out and came with a new idea..

Creating a LOT of plugins, perhaps eventually some patches too. But initially..the download will increase overtime..

Just to keep it interesting...after its initial release....new ideas are welcome...

As for now... We'll try to have this mod done soon, so keep posted by tracking this topic.

Or just beg for some info :P....We'll answer all questions from now on..of course they will be mediocre...

we're not going to spoil everything.. ;)

Exactly :)

A lot of the ideas that we had, such as the Build a Slave Workshop and such just dont really go with the storyline and lore, that is why we are excluding it from the MAIN file, for those who both dont want it, and for those who want the file to be lore and storyline friendly. The main file, or master file, is going to be nothing but storyline friendly stuff (which is to say A LOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT OMG THERE IS SOOOOOOO MUCH!) Anyways.

What he means by "testing grounds" is we are (vicICE and me) always eager to try new things and learn by modding. SO, instead of making crummy mods and such that just have the idea of what we are trying to learn, anytime we want to learn something new we will apply it to a plugin for the mod, only always increasing the potential this mod has.

Sorry vicICE, i just love to elaborate things :) But then again i like typing lol.

But then again i like typing lol.

That's an understatement..;D

Indeed. This is no plaything. We both worked hard on this one..we're just trying to do things in another way..

Showing off if you prefer :P. But mainly we'll show things that will be parts of mods in the future...

And the people over here are there to see if things could be improved or how the experience could be increased...

Hehe.. now its up to me and ranokoa to let it become tangible...We'll post some screenshots or perhaps even a vid! soon...

A video sounds good, but my full version of Fraps crashed about a year ago, and so im down to just a demo version.. Although i wouldn't feel so bad if i acquired another full version by lesser than legal means because i had previously paid for one that just out of no where decided to quit, i still will not resort to such things. SO unless you have some kind of video capture tool, we may need to borrow a playtester that has one :) (Demo version of fraps makes 20 seconds of video 100 megabytes big... somehow.)

I got a full one... don't worry... And I know how to edit them :)...

but lets discuss what and what not to show, somewhere else :P.. we aren't going to spoil too much...are we :D?