CTD - mod limit ?

beunouse

Hey everyone,

i got some issue with my modded fallout4. I think i reach the mod limit but i'm not sure, can someone confirm that or help me cause i had some CTD now when launching the game; It says i have 23 ESM, 168 ESP, 165 ESL active

here is a screenshot i made of my MO2 window if this could help..

Thanks !!

Edited by beunouse

Hey everyone,

i got some issue with my modded fallout4. I think i reach the mod limit but i'm not sure, can someone confirm that or help me cause i had some CTD now when launching the game; It says i have 23 ESM, 168 ESP, 165 ESL active

here is a screenshot i made of my MO2 window if this could help..

Thanks !!

attachicon.gif Moddlist MO2 - Copie.PNG

The cause of your CTD is something else.

Possibly a mod conflict of some kind or a corrupted file.

I understand as long as .esp stay 254 or lower it will not cause CTD.

alright thanks

but the mod list as you see on the screenshot is stable ; CTD appears when i try to add new mod (this is why there is inactive mods at the end of the list). I just made a new test this morning, i download a new weapon mod (service pistol - beretta 92 93r) and ... CTD. same problem with any mod i try to add !

is there a way to know whats causing this CTD ?

(i tried to desactivate more mod, to add new one, and it works. its kind of frustrating cause to be honest since a few weeks i have to delete 2 or 3 mod to add 1 new mod. i deleted approx 50 mod to just add 15 in the last few weeks... looks like my fallout want me to delete everything little by little lol)

Its indeed odd.

I have about 400 mods with about 230 of them active and half are .esp other half .esl

And my machine is not high end ( mid range i7, 16G RAM, very low end graphics card )

Maybe try to completly disconnect from the internet before you boot up.

(I sometimes do this when I intend to play downtown boston)

Sometimes Windows and Steam do funny things with FO4 when connected

Hello guys,

What is BA2 Archive ? what should i do with that? and what do you mean by look for loose files versions of mods? and by unpacking the archives?

Sorry for the newbie questions. Still learning how to mod correctly :happy:

Thanks for your help :laugh:

A BA2 archive is a compressed archive containing all the assets for the mod. The "loose files" version doesn't use an archive, it just includes the files and folders to be installed individually. Using an archive is a bit more efficient, but you do have that problem of a limit on how many you can have.

You can get a BA2/BSA unpacker tool that will convert the archive back into loose files.

Basically, if installing a mod that has an archive is causing you to crash, but installing that same mod with "loose files" doesn't cause the crash then you know you've hit that limit.