⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

F04: Mod Installation Always Fails

feelthedarkness
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

For Fallout 4 I'm trying to run widescreen mod, and unofficial patch. Nothing fancy.

So I've installed Vortex, and the F4S3, which installed just fine. I used the installed, but whenever I try to install the mods I get "Installation failed."

The error message is "Windows prevented Vortex from loading files necessary to complete the installation. This is often caused if you extracted Vortex manually instead of running the installer." (I didn't install manually.)

File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=6.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
at ModInstallerIPC.Program.Main(String[] args)

I navigated to the folder and set the permissions to allow "modify, read, read & execute, write" but that doesn't change anything.

Any advice?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am, admittedly, not the brightest candle on the cake (and english isn´t my native tongue, either), so I don´t know,

what the solution tells me:

- "double-check task manager..." so I open the task manager and do exactly what?

- "Head to the "%appdata%\Vortex\state.v2" folder and delete the file called "LOCK"." Well, I searched the bloody thing

and can´t find it anywhere

every hint would be very appreciated, thanks

OOPS! Eegit-me looked at the wrong solution, sry!

Got it right now and it works

Edited by fuggitmaximus

• 3 months later...