⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Vortex and Windows 11

rmm200

My experience with Windows 11 Pro 64-bit and Vortex has been overwhelmingly positive. I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro several months after it became available and have had absolutely no reason to regret that decision. During this time, the games I've managed with Vortex are the following: Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Fallout 4, Skyrim SE, The Witcher 3, and Horizon Zero Dawn. The management of these games has been trouble free.

My experience with Windows 11 Pro and Vortex is not limited to just one computer. I have three robust gaming computers (I love redundancy) running Windows 11 Pro, Vortex, and the games listed above. I have had no problems of any consequence with any of them.

Guest deleted34304850

its totally fine and as Picky suggests above, aside from how it looks - it works exactly the same.

Put it this way - going to V11 is wise.

Staying on unsupported OS's as many tinfoil hat wearing loons are is insanely stupid.

You're doing the right thing.

its totally fine and as Picky suggests above, aside from how it looks - it works exactly the same.

Staying on unsupported OS's as many tinfoil hat wearing loons are is insanely stupid.

Windows 10 is still supported..... Doesn't run out until October 2025.

Guest deleted34304850

i didnt say anything about win10 - i was referring to the spate of tickets that arrived the last month or so where people are on win7 or win8 and vortex no longer functions because certain frameworks are no longer viable on out of support OS's. but win10 is fine and will be for some time to come.

Posting from Windows 11.

I can't say the upgrade was completely smooth - but it worked.

Those folks with a gaming motherboard may have had CFosSpeed driver installed automatically.

Windows 11 install calls the old version incompatible.

Uninstalling the driver - did not work. In retrospect I should have looked for Gigabyte CFosSpeed in Apps.

CFosSpeed is an awful web site - they try to get you to download package tracking apps and documentation apps - or a pricey version of CFosSpeed.

Once I located the free upgrade, Windows 11 install went smothly.

Now if I can just configure the UI. Windows 11 takes half the toolbar for Widgets - whether enabled or not. No way to unlock the toolbar that I see.

Thanks again - I am off and running.

Posting from Windows 11.

Now if I can just configure the UI. Windows 11 takes half the toolbar for Widgets - whether enabled or not. No way to unlock the toolbar that I see.

In regard to modifying the Windows 11 UI, Winaero Tweaker may be of help to you. Also, you may want to look at Start11 from Stardock Software.

Edited by AugustaCalidia

i didnt say anything about win10 - i was referring to the spate of tickets that arrived the last month or so where people are on win7 or win8 and vortex no longer functions because certain frameworks are no longer viable on out of support OS's. but win10 is fine and will be for some time to come.

If MS is prompting him to upgrade to 11, he has at least an 8th gen processor, which won't run windows 7.... might run 8, but, not many folks are still using 8.