DH: Lore Invasion

Jamie123

Oh for crying out loud - how many more fanbois are going to get mobilised against this review? :rolleyes:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that it is NOT odd how a bunch of people suddenly register within an hour of a review being posted? Actually, I wondered at first whether it wasn't the same person registering multiple accounts....

Discussing a game is one thing - running a crusade against a review because it doesn't praise a game to high heaven is quite another.

IMO, you're not doing the game you like so much any favours - rather than slagging off the review you object to, why not write one yourself?

The review had inaccuracies. When someone posted the link to this site in the lobby, several players saw it and disagreed.

I don't see what's so odd about that.

The review had inaccuracies. When someone posted the link to this site in the lobby, several players saw it and disagreed.

The review is a result of my own personal opinion of the game, as all game reviews are (or should be). I wrote the review off my own personal experience of the game. Quite blatently my opinion is not going to be the same as other people's..especially those people who have either worked on the game (biased) or have been following it and playing it for over a year.

I have no hidden agenda or motive to destroy the game's reputation. I, and many other people I've asked agree that the review does not put the game in a BAD spotlight. Sure, it probably won't make the developers jump for joy like the GameShark one might have done that's posted on the site, but my goal was not to make the developers happy, it was to relay my experience with the game.

If there are parts of the review that are actually factually inaccurate please let me know and I'll change it. Otherwise I see no reason to bash my opinion. You can disagree with it all you like, but not actually attack me for it.

EDIT: Just so you know, I've verified your fansite, esd, and it's now listed on the game information page.

I just logged into our lobby and was sent straight here by some players. After reading the review and some of the comments in this forum, I just want to let you know this is nothing new for our players to go comment on news items, review etc..

They do it whether the review is good or bad, not because its some organized thing, its caues our players are very close to the game. We keep them very involved during development, and even though we are now released, with Lore being a persistent game, there is still more to come in which they are involved is helping make happen.

I am glad Dark0ne had fun in the game, and hope to see you back in game. You might want to change your nick though :) I don't agree with the whole review but its a hurdle we all have to cross at some point

I think all of my statements have been pretty straight forward and had content. All you can do is complain about people posting on forums.

Dark0ne said that was irrelivent crap, maybe you should drop it? :rolleyes:

I pointed out a valid inconsistancy with what is in the review and what he said. That was cleared up. However if you check the forums you'll notice problems are being continually adressed with speed. If there are any bugs the dev team will respond as soon as they can.

I also feel it's valid that MechWarrior and Dark Horizons are different in several fundemental ways.

Dark0ne has at least the decency to address these issues he disagrees with. You cannot add anything however. Though I do feel people have a tendancy to ignore any points they realise are wrong but still disagree with them. AC is enough to admit Graphics are something, but not the end all.

However graphics are something that are going to differ widely from person to person. Just like art. However horrible art han't always been the ruin of a game. Notice Midway publishing the MET collections. Does that make Midway horrible? Horrible gameplay can ruin a nice piece of art however.

I've never said the review is bad. It's actually well written. If the 30 minute issue is true, I feel that is something that should be fixed. I'll say it again, if you want to play the game, just let us know. We'll give you the most action packed 3 hours of your life.

I am glad Dark0ne had fun in the game, and hope to see you back in game. You might want to change your nick though. I don't agree with the whole review but its a hurdle we all have to cross at some point

Ha ha...I'd happily participate in a "Hunt the Dark0ne" competition. You could even make it a new game mode.

If there are parts of the review that are actually factually inaccurate please let me know and I'll change it.

Ok. Here's my main gripe:

The controls can be hard to grasp to begin with, especially if you’re not a Mech Warrior veteran, but after a couple of maps you’ll grasp what each one does and where to use it.

The default controls are in fact the default controls on 99% of PC FPS games. W/S forward/back a/d strafe left/right, mouse to turn, l-click to fire.

And there I'll leave it :)

Thanks for adding The Clever Sheep - it's Lore's #1 fansite!

The controls can be hard to grasp to begin with, especially if you’re not a Mech Warrior veteran, but after a couple of maps you’ll grasp what each one does and where to use it.

The default controls are in fact the default controls on 99% of PC FPS games. W/S forward/back a/d strafe left/right, mouse to turn, l-click to fire.

Ok, I can definately understand why that is odd.

I meant more with using the joystick and growing accustomed to aiming with the joystick while jet-packing and other such more complicated manoevers that the scout class depends on.

Archived