Skyrim mods on hdd, game on ssd

Baffje

VFS is not part of Windows. It is a virtual file system coded into MO 2. MO 2 has to be running when you play for this reason.

Hard links are a facility built into Windows that Vortex uses. Use a Windows facility - play by Windows rules. Vortex has to play by Windows rules.

Because Hard Links are a Windows facility, Vortex does not need to be running when you play your game.

Uh, how is that? 931 isn't a binary number. If it was binary, it would be nothing but 0s and 1s. You may be referring to hexadecimal, but 931 hex comes out to 2,353, which is clearly not 1,000 gb. Also, why then is my main hard drive 899 gb? Why would it be different? As I said, they both should be 1 tb.

Uh, how is that? 931 isn't a binary number. If it was binary, it would be nothing but 0s and 1s. You may be referring to hexadecimal, but 931 hex comes out to 2,353, which is clearly not 1,000 gb. Also, why then is my main hard drive 899 gb? Why would it be different? As I said, they both should be 1 tb.

Of course 931 is not a binary number. It is the decimal number translation of a binary measurement of disk space. My apologies if my original post was confusing. I've revised it to clear up (I hope) any ambiguities.

Basically, true 1gb is 1024mb, but "marketing" 1gb is 1000mb. So when Windows takes a drive that "marketing" called 1gb and shows the size in true reckoning it only comes in at 931mb.

Your main hard drive might be lower due to a hidden restore partition taking up some space.

Basically, true 1gb is 1024mb, but "marketing" 1gb is 1000mb. So when Windows takes a drive that "marketing" called 1gb and shows the size in true reckoning it only comes in at 931mb.

Your main hard drive might be lower due to a hidden restore partition taking up some space.

Windows also has a couple partitions you don't see for boot, and other mysterious purposes. :) (a 16mb unformatted partition? WHY????)