Downloading and file serving changes

Dark0ne

Hello, I am new to Nexus mods, I have been trying to download the Manager and mods for the past two days and my downloads have been failing after starting, I understand that there are indeed a LOT of bugs, kinks and messes that are still needing to be cleaned up, I have tried the MANUEL Download but even that fails. I am curious if this is me or the site?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you Nexus guys are doing a smashing job, and while things don't always run smoothly, i do not have too much trouble downloading. I understand that this must be one hell of job keeping the nexus running and i admire you for the time and effort you put into it. I am not a modders a'hole, but i use this site regularly and i appreciate you being here, keeping up the good work and keeping me in fresh content for my addictions :)

Cheers to you all.

Really glad you have fixed many of your technical problems, I am a system administrator by profession so I feel your pain.

You have probably solved the copy issue but have you considered the bit-torrent protocol to sync the new servers. It has been used for years in HPC clusters and Twitter use it to distribute updates across their systems. You can bandwidth limit on the production systems to reduce the pain on the end user and as the new systems get fragments they automatically make those available for other new systems to download.

Ya was having trouble downloading via NMM mainly because no matter where i set the settings to it always downloaded from Salt Lake at 50kb/s w/ 4 threads...Thank god for firewalls =D no more DLing from salt lake anymore! Edited by okimdone

In response to post #11260031.

Honestly, you're not at fault for them being uncomfortable. To be fair and honest, their ignorance is the source of their discomfort. So pay no mind to their protests.

I agree! I'm just appreciative of the updates in layman's terms so that I can understand.

So, Bben, technobabble to your heart's content! I'll just nod sagely and say "dur?"

In response to post #11181561. #11199452, #11200779, #11201384, #11203808, #11235838 are all replies on the same post.

I had it deactivated on the nexus sites a while ago (apparently there was something about slightly increased download rates for those who allowed ads... but I never saw that higher rate. Oh well, I was okay with it, as long as the sites were supported!) ... and then when the domain name system changed (from [game].nexusmods.com to nexusmods.com/[game]), I forgot that adblock+ didn't know about it... just changed it now! Edited by Roccondil