Which Game You Are Playing Right Now?

raavikant

I have a huge backlog in Steam, I had purchased and played about 100 hrs of BG 3 but then had a tough fight and needed a break. 2 games in my backlog were Empyrion Galactic Survival and Space Engineers. I installed Empyrion and got sucked in for 200 hours and there are major mods that extend its replayibilty (Reforged Eden is one) I then decided to try Space Engineers as a comparison and did 40 hours in that.

I really liked exploring, building and salvaging in Empyrion, the ground combat ai is a bit wonky but if you get past it the rest of it is a lot of fun, in some ways it has more depth than Starfield. I am waiting for more mods for Starfield and full DLSS support, as with Skyrim I kept restarting game due to must have mods (The winter survival and needs and camping really made Skyrim better for me)

Space Engineers is similar but I think Empyrion is the better one for exploration, building and possibly ship to ship combat. I still need to try out modded Space Engineers which can add a lot to exploring, this is all from a single player perspective.

I still need to play RDR2 I am so far behind, need to stop buying games on sale. I play a bit of all genres, just trying to catch up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Skyrim SE - while I finish getting the mods sorted - new PC. I'm playing snatches of it between installing stuff. Actually, I'm using some of the alternative start mods (to live another life) and just playing until I die - no saving. It's hilarious sometimes and sometimes very very exciting. Last game was being attacked on a ship... survived that OK but the ship didn't. Spent ages staring out at where it ought to have been... sank presumably...  

• 7 months later...
On 11/23/2023 at 11:27 AM, zixi said:

Skyrim SE

On 11/23/2023 at 11:27 AM, zixi said:

Actually, I'm using some of the alternative start mods (to live another life) and just playing until I die - no saving.

I've certainly done that before!

Meanwhile, last night I fired up Fallout 3 and Fallout NV for the first time in years, playing through the intros right up to the exit to the outside world.  Both to check that they both work unmodded, and to have their Wine/Proton stuff set up in case I run that MO2-on-Linux installer script and get some mod setups going for them again.

Now if I can just find where my old FO3 save files went...  I still have all my screenshots, but hopefully my saves weren't lost with my old PC's dying hard drive.

Edited by AaronOfMpls
slight reword; elaboration