⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Installer fails to update Vortex to 1.9.5

Warp0009

If I try to update Vortex from inside the program, after a minute it says that it can't stop Vortex so I should close it manually and then hit "retry" on the pop-up message. Problem is that the only "Vortex" that is running is the one that the setup program is running as a sub-task of. If I close it, the setup reinstaller dies.

If I shutdown Vortex normally (without explictly telling it to perform its update), it puts up a pop-up saying that it'll update Vortex and not to turn the system off until it's done. This doesn't ever work either, eventually popping up and error message that it could not remove the old installation, and that I should try running it again.

If I manually download the latest version of the Vortex installer and run it, the same thing happens as described in the first paragraph above.

With all these problems, how does anyone ever get this updated version installed?

I don't want to manually uninstall Vortex and then hope it can find all the mods I have installed when I can presumably reinstall it.

Do I just need to wait for a future update to the installer that'll fix these issues?

Thanks!