Profile Photo Issue

jeff133760

I've tried several times (including workarounds) to update my avatar but with no success.  The image uploads, NexusMods reports success, but the avatar remains unchanged.  There is no error message.

This is not a big issue for me.  All I wanted to do was increase the resolution of my current avatar picture, not change it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MuteSignals said:

I just updated mine and nothing has changed yet. I guess it may take a minute or two to update globally.

I guess the file size allowed has increased too right? the resolution of most user's images look quite poor in this new forum format xD

Used to be there was an issue where you needed to refresh your browser cache before you'd see the change (but others already could see your new avatar). Not sure if the 'new and improved' forum has the same situation.

13 minutes ago, showler said:

I just added one and it seems to be fine to me.

If I had a memory worth a dang, I'd tell you if yours had changed.

Thank you for your response.  I even refreshed the browser cache, but to no avail.

In regard to your avatar, I see the Nexus Mods icon.  Did you change the avatar picture to something else? 

1 hour ago, showler said:

Yeah, I'm seeing a werewolf now.

I think I'm seeing updated images for everyone that says they aren't.  Apparently, the forums play favorites now.

Werewoff? The only avatar image I'm currently seeing in your post is a Nexus Mods icon.

There's a new twist to my avatar story.  I decided to replace my old photo after all rather than just enhance its resolution.  Now the new photo graces my avatar on the Vortex login page, but the old photo remains in the Nexus mod side and the Nexus forum side.

You're right.  Nexus Mods is playing favorites.

1 hour ago, showler said:

Yeah, I'm seeing a werewolf now.

That must be one invisible werewolf cause I've never seen you with anything but the nexus logo.

Also no change for me yet, I'm gunna look back at the method again cause it says successful but who knows maybe the file size is secretly too big.

@showler  Thank you for the avatar pictures.  In my browser: (1) you are a werewolf masquerading as a Nexus logo, (2) I still see the old me even though you see the new me, and (3) the MuteSignals avatar picture is what I'm seeing.

In my case, I must remember that "patience is a virtue" (sometimes) and wait for the Nexus Mods faeries to complete their avatar tasks.