lack of access to thread in general chat forum

Guest deleted34304850

Guest deleted34304850

I'm slowly figuring out the activity stream feature and i'm getting to grips with it.

using one of the default streams "community activity" lists a number of new posts that i am yet to read.

one post in General Chat is here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/topic/13454097-removal-of-friends-and-no-way-to-contact-people/?do=findComment&comment=130355818

If i click that link i get an error message telling me "you do not have permissioni to view this topic" with a link to "contact us" which takes me to the contact us webpage on the main website. Obviously i don't want to waste anyone's time with an email to support, so i am opening a thread here, to try and keep it somewhat localised.

is this a misconfiguration? the post is in general chat - which, i can go into via the main forum screen, but the thread above is not shown, so my guess is that it's a hidden forum? if it's a hidden forum and i lack the access then fair enough, but, should it be also hidden in the activity stream?

Guest deleted34304850

thank you for that.

this then, is another issue with the activity stream, because while the thread was removed/hidden, the activity stream still showed it active, which is obviously going to end in the error i saw.

not really enamoured with the activity stream feature it seems to be half-baked at best. understand its not nexusmods fault, its the underlying software.

thanks for clarifying the root cause of the issue. we move on! :)