Same staging folder for multiple games - help separate

Xsande
Go to solution Solved by showler,

Hello,

I have an issue with multiple games sharing the same staging folder location.

Is there a way to separate the already mixed mods, for multiple games, from the staging folder, into multiple staging folders ( one for each game ) ?

The problem is that whenever I add a new game and change, from the settings the staging mod folder, it automatically moves all of the mods from the existing staging mod folder to the new folder..

Right now I need to find a way to separate the existing mods in the staging area...will be careful in the future..

Vortex will automatically suggest different staging folders.  You could probably override this by manually entering the same folder, but I believe there's a protection for that as well (Vortex won't accept a staging folder that has anything in it at all).

Just to be clear, because what you're describing sounds off, you're asking about the staging folder not the downloads folder, correct?  Staging folders are chosen per game, the download folder is shared with automatically created subfolders.

Yes, it is the staging folder under Settings->Mods-Mod staging folder path section , not making a confusion here

Tried checking for an option in the mod list when selecting a mod/multiple mods, to select the disabled ones ( that belongs to the other games ) and try to move them somehow to some other location and when i switch to the other games i can then point them to their respective folder

Don't know if i move the disabled mods to another folder ( same drive as the installed game ) it will work.

I know the files are hardlinked with the ones in the games directory and this may break the link causing issues

Isn't there a way for Vortex to move ONLY the mods that belongs to a specific GAME ( or game profile ) when i update the staging path ?

I mean Vortex should already know what mods belongs to what game, right ?

Or an option to ONLY MOVE the ENABLED ones ( sorry for CAPS, not virtually screaming just want to highlight some key words here 🙂 )

• Solution

I'm not sure it has that option since what you are experiencing shouldn't be possible.

Best bet might be to use the "purge" option on each game to remove the links, then manually remove the mods from the folder, copy back only the files for a single game, have Vortex move the staging folder and then repeat for the other games.