Looking for mod - Subway tunnel segments with curves

dferstat

After discussions with the creator of Subway Runner Revised, I'm almost certain that, once upon a time, I saw a mod that had curved sections of subway tunnel. I have a picture in my head of an image from a 3D editor of two tunnel segments together; one going straight and the other curving away from it.

Trouble is, I'm darned if I can find the mod on Nexus, or in the myriad of mods I have installed. Because I can't find it, the worm of doubt has crept in, and now I don't know if I remember it, or if Qrsr mentioning that they wanted it made me imagine that I'd seen it. (The mind can be a tricksy beast).

If anyone recalls seeing curved subway tunnel pieces, I'd be very grateful to hear from them.

My thanks in advance. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2024 at 2:09 AM, dferstat said:

After discussions with the creator of Subway Runner Revised, I'm almost certain that, once upon a time, I saw a mod that had curved sections of subway tunnel. I have a picture in my head of an image from a 3D editor of two tunnel segments together; one going straight and the other curving away from it.

Trouble is, I'm darned if I can find the mod on Nexus, or in the myriad of mods I have installed. Because I can't find it, the worm of doubt has crept in, and now I don't know if I remember it, or if Qrsr mentioning that they wanted it made me imagine that I'd seen it. (The mind can be a tricksy beast).

If anyone recalls seeing curved subway tunnel pieces, I'd be very grateful to hear from them.

My thanks in advance. 🙂

I remember seeing that too..... I am unable to come up with it now though..... Even a thorough google search turns up NO results......

I really need to fix a few errors for one of my mods & migrate all my stuff to a new workstation. So I don't have the time to look into it right now, but I'll have a look at those tunnels. Shouldn't be that hard to bend 'm a bit.

Hey guys thanks for the support. The only workaround as of now is to use "BldConcrete##" structures to create an almost perfect real world subway layout, since BGS at least has more variety for train tracks which can be used to simulate the subway tracks subsurface. I have also new subway platform station layout ready this way its very simple but time consuming... 🙂

Having the metro-monorail structures with turns, twists, links would be next level!!! I have a feeling its just a matter of time ☺️

Sometimes I think that Google does, actually, read my mind. Just appeared in my YouTube feed is this video by Kottabos, reviewing the original SR 7-odd years ago.

Jump to about 4:45 in the video and you'll see that he's travelling through some decidedly not-straight tunnel sections.

Thats nothing new:

- SubTunnelBend01

- SubTunnelBend02

both are present in the vanilla game ... its just a straight line with a bend but its not a curve.

yeah, unfortunately. a 33° and 45° degree curve over x tunnel pieces would be godsent.

besides, im thinking of adding my own interpretation to the tunnels since i would assume, that:

1 wood below rails would rot over time so after 200 years wood would be mostly gone

2 steel or whatever the rails are build of would be uninstalled

thus, the entire subway rail base would not be present anymore. Also the tunnels are not real subway tunnels something between for the monorails part of fo4 for whatever reason. looking at the boston subway tunnels IRL one would totally revamp the entire layout and appearance for subway tunnels. which can be done by using the BldConc## structures and create some SCOL based on the vanilla game structures so to speak.

Alright, I just did a 15° curve, with 3x the straight piece. Which will allow you to do 30° (not 33°), 45°, 60°, 75° & 90°. 2 can be used to create a lateral displacement like the vanilla piece, but with a bit bigger displacement.

Let me know if that will do, so I can start on the rest of the work involved. (collision is going to be a pita to create, for sure)

SubwayTunnelLeftBend15.png

• Thanks 1