User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

I won't deny that I'm already too used to the old interface. But that's why I don't understand, why change something that already had no complaints? I would understand if there were new chips and mechanics with the updated interface. For example, the profiles of the authors differed depending on the popularity of their mods, or some very noticeable list of the really important achievements of the author of this profile was shown, or new sections with discussions would be added directly on the profile, something new, anything, but this is just a replacement of the button locations and their scale.

How about adding and fixing the really important things? I regularly encounter the error of double messages. I constantly see people changing their message to something like *delete* or (it doesn't matter) because there is no message deletion function. This spam from translation mods and similar things is also annoying and just simply trashes a huge space from the list and gets in the way. There are a lot of things that really need to be changed, so why change something that there were no complaints about. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something like what discord is doing now with their jewelry for money. The call to this shows us this huge empty space, which seems to be prepared for something.

Edited by Soldream

This PC is hooked up to a large TV. The new profile is really large and bubbly with the magnification on. Way less easy to read and navigate than the old one when magnification is on. Feels prohibitive to finding things I'm looking for, have to really scroll around etc.

• Like 3

It would be nice if one could hide the "Last active" portion of one's profile. Like it was the case with the previous iterations of the Nexus sites. Same goes for the activity section.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

• Like 1

This "Improvement" does not work for me.  I am usually going to the page to check mod status or looking for other mods by the author.  Having to scroll down as far as this beta is set up is just a pain in the ass. 

• Like 4

The drop-down menu under the mods tab (at least on my profile on mobile) is set to show All Games I've modded but the only other options are Skyrim Mass Effect 3 and Stardew Valley. I plan to make mods for games that aren't those 3 games so currently the way to see any mods on user profiles that haven't released mods for Skyrim, ME3, and Stardew is to use the All Games option.

Edit: Media on profiles is not showing up on mobile 

Edited by HolotapeGamer

I find if I'm on the Mod Author forums and I try to get to somebodies profile to see what they do, I go to a very generic profile page that really doesn't give me much info.  I can't check out their mods, and getting to their actual profile page where I can contact them or look at their mods is far more difficult then it should be.

While The UI itself Is very nice and futuristic, the thumbnail images need to be bigger because I am guessing this is going to be carried over to the main Mod pages so I would prefer to have bigger view of the mod image as it is the main thing that attracts users the most at first glance. Especially Preset modders.

Recommendations:

Bigger Thumbnails

Get rid of useless space on the left and right side (Better use of space)

Possibly Implement a Custom number of Thumbnail view in one page like Pinterest but NEVER EVER Implement ad thumbnails like them(I stopped using Pintrest because of that)

Maybe add slideshow on mouse hover on mods thumbnail OR Make GIF/Video playback on mod thumbnail (Game changer of modders looking to showcase their Mods, especially Animation mods)

image.thumb.png.be51ea1394341521676cd6d17fc5c8a6.png

Mock Up of possible increased space usage if the thumbnail size doesn't change.

• Like 1