User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

Please add adaptive resolution support, i would like to use the full 1920 scope. Its more like 1200 px max in width currently.

Yeah....so over time using this, I have to say that what others are saying is started to affect me as well; the format us waaay too large and in your face. I liked how the normal look was that we have now is simple and does the job.

Please come up with a better looking UI than what you're currently trying to implement, the promts are too close, and too blocky, making navigating a little nauseating 😕

• Like 3

I think you are trying to match the collections page style, though the overall design feels claustrophobic to me. Author profile should be smaller, or should be kept at the top as the current page. Right now old design looks more compact.

Can't say i'm a fan of the pitch black background either. Color themes in the future?

Having a game's picture as background should stay for game pages imo, keeping some space to the borders of the page was great. I can understand why you may want to remove them from profiles though.

The page selection is missing currently, i presume it'll be added. 

Maybe to give descriptions more space, there may be sliding cards that just show the description when you hover the cursor above a mod? Would keep the overall page clean, and eases the process of reading descriptions.

Overall the UI looks horrible BIG and to dark, use the old style and build up on it. Its not so difficult to implement wouldnt take longer than a couple of hours...

• Like 1

wat

(edit: just to be clear, this is *all* that fits on my laptop screen, I need to scroll down to even see the username)

n.thumb.png.b34c674f5979f03bad8ee4903a5adbeb.png

Edited by nikt9
  • Haha 2

I quite like it so far. My only real complaint is that, to my knowledge, it is not possible to center text. That really limits what kind of formatting can be done.

• Thanks 2

Reading through more of the comments here, I want to say just one thing: please tell us that general mod listing page will not be like this. And then stick to it.

If mods for say Skyrim will be presented in a format even remotely similar to what is now "author page beta test UI", that site part will be basically unusable. Especially with endless scrolling instead of paged view.

That said if you really want to match the look of collections page, you have a working template already. Just copy design and layout from here: https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections

Edit: arguably collections page, while worse than current "old" mod list UI, is a suitable compromise between the two variants, both functionality and looks-wise. No reason in making different site sections doing the same thing with slight variations (in the end all of them are just listing mods) be so much different in looks and functionality.

Edited by IllusiveMan196
  • Like 1