User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

Can we see the following:

- support for total amount of people tracking our mods

- total amount of people track a certain mod

- how many people who track the mod downloaded the mod

in general more specific statistics.

Most and foremost ENDORSEMENT announcement.

• Like 1

@wipeout 

Upcoming Changes:

We have committed to making changes to account for many pieces of feedback that have been put forward in this thread. Here is a taster of what is still to come:

• UI changes to display more content on the content tabs. We will be reducing the size of the avatar, sidebar and banner as part of this change. 
  • Last remaining bits of HTML in "Mod Tile" sections will be automatically removed. 
  • Mod Tile status indicators (Downloaded, Update Available, etc) will be returning
  • Many of the removed sorting options will be returning. In addition to this, the default sort for Mods and Media will be reverted to "Recently Added", however this will respect any changed user preferences you have made. 
  • Fixing a bug with the 'Media' section that's causing videos not to display.
  • The revamped Activity Feed will be returning. It will/will not be shown based on your existing preferences. 
  • As we have said before, the game dropdown filter will be returning. 
  • The report button will be returning, with the ability to report Profiles for rule breaking avatars or "About Me" sections.

Any previously "Upcoming" changes that have been deployed to the beta will be marked as changed.

Great update but the only gripe i have is i would rather see the games i have favorited then just popular and newly added mods personally, but overall great visual changes.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 043405.png

@Qrsr  The reason for this update isn't to add new functionality or features, so we won't be able to add anything new at this time. Here's the reasoning behind this change, from the original post on this thread:

Why are we making these changes?

All the existing pages are built in a framework that is no longer supported and difficult to work with, so we need to move them into a more modern one with better support for our developers. This is part of the wider work we are undertaking to update the site. We can’t move everything at once as there are a lot of pages on Nexus Mods. For this update, we are moving User Profile pages.

There’s a ton of additional cool stuff we want to do with user profiles in the future. This first update is mostly about technical improvements, with other features to come down the line. 

These changes also restore the functionality that was lost with the forum upgrade. They are much-needed updates to ensure that everyone on the site can easily contact each other in a private setting and receive timely notifications when they have been messaged. 

Please consider adding any future requests for new functionality to our feedback board, where other members of the community can vote on your ideas.

thats a hell of a excellent work ! the way i see it, you can be very proud of your work, easy to understand and very nicely designed, i am impressed

Regarding buttons on the profile: I see now that there's a difference between your own profile and someone else's. Namely, the following buttons are removed when looking at your own profile: "Donate", "Give Kudos" and "Send Message". This makes sense!

However, these buttons are not removed: "Block" and "Report". This doesn't make sense. 🙂 Why should I block or report myself? 😮

2 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

However, these buttons are not removed: "Block" and "Report". This doesn't make sense. 🙂 Why should I block or report myself? 😮

I noticed that, too.

It actually let me block myself. "Successfully blocked user". What exactly is that going to do? 😄

I don't want to test the Report button, because I'm not sure if it would give me a box where to write a reason. I don't want to risk accidentally sending a self-report.

5 minutes ago, Chadonraz said:

It actually let me block myself. "Successfully blocked user". What exactly is that going to do? 😄

I don't want to test the Report button, because I'm not sure if it would give me a box where to write a reason. I don't want to risk accidentally sending a self-report.

Blocking yourself would probably remove all of your mods, images or videos from your own search results. Hmm.

As for reporting yourself... You will have to report yourself for abusing the report functionality! 🤣