User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

I just realized that the in the file section of the mod author's page, the [Downloaded] status is missing.

Part of the idea of going to a mod author's page is seeing what files have been updated, and what other mods that they created you might have missed.

With the current (non beta) page, you can glance at a page, and find out (a) how many of their mods you have (b) which of their mods have been updated (c) what mods you might want to check out. In a single glance.

With the beta page, I have no idea, and would have to click into each mod individually.

You could also get rid of the repeated modders icon, you only need to display it once. Seeing the icon once is fine, but repeating it just increases visual load while imparting no additional value.

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

I'm going to have to agree with the complaints about the current level of high contrast. I understand this was designed to help those with impairments but just reading through this thread is straining and fatiguing to my eyes.

I don't have this issue as much on the profile page when looking at the tiles as they're a lighter grey.

Anecdotally, I've not seen such a high contrast for any other web page, not by default. Optional, yes, which is what I believe it should be for those who need it.

• Like 3

@bdip

Yeah, on mod tab/media tab it seems fine/ok-ish but the "about me" tab which I assume will be how mod pages and articles will look like, it's pretty harsh.

And the editor itself being a black with white text, will be very hard on those who edit mod pages/articles, especially if they heavily detail out the mods' features, compatibility, etc. which I do extensively.

16 hours ago, HollownessDevoured said:

I believe fandom/wikia also has personal CSS last time I remember. Highly customizable but you need to have some CSS experience. On top of light/dark mode.

I maintained a wiki for over two years, the CSS is super simple with the tutorials on the net. Almost revamp of the entire UI on my own. All you need to have is time, and willpower but there was nothing you couldnt do. If you have people doing it at daily basis, its a walk in the park compared to someone doing it as hobby.

A friend of mine is doing CSS at full time job. There is nothing he cant do... and its very fast too. Once you have your presets you can build pages on the fly.

1 hour ago, Qrsr said:

I maintained a wiki for over two years, the CSS is super simple with the tutorials on the net. Almost revamp of the entire UI on my own. All you need to have is time, and willpower but there was nothing you couldnt do. If you have people doing it at daily basis, its a walk in the park compared to someone doing it as hobby.

A friend of mine is doing CSS at full time job. There is nothing he cant do... and its very fast too. Once you have your presets you can build pages on the fly.

Oh I maintained several wikis, CSS and wiki templates in the past 15 years. I just don't know it the average user would want learn.

5 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

Oh I maintained several wikis, CSS and wiki templates in the past 15 years. I just don't know it the average user would want learn.

we are taking about the nexusmods beta UI progress, and technically how fast certain aspects can be changed. so im confused why it takes so long.