No Mods Players

Fkemman11

22 minutes ago, JediMasterTallyn said:

ok obviously to two of  you  have a different definition of "modding", or are not understanding each others point.
OG poster is talk of mods in general even ones that just  add items and or lands or quest to the game (like Bruma for Sky) as well as the cheaty cheaty ones (like Cheat room for Sky)

LenaWolf  is saying that yes they mod but  only  the ones that add stuff and looks on that as just adding something to a game, not Modding, (see the capitals there) 

Now you wanted someone to post a Beth loved game that they  love as is with as Vanilla. Fallout 3 to be honest I do not even like the DLC all that much for that game I like the true Vanilla game and have logged hour  upon hour playing while never once looking for a mod. And infact still play it on occasion.

Okay, okay. But one game. You mod others, yes? I mean... you're not opposed to/uninterested in modding your games if you like something? What I'm trying to find are people who don't mod anything, ever even though they could and there are very good mods available for their games. Know anyone like that? I wanna know why they don't/if they'd even consider it.

@JediMasterTallyn - well said. A difference in definition.

The reason I add things to Oblivion is because I prefer to play Oblivion rather than game XYZ, and so if I like the story, I bring it to Oblivion. I do it not because I dislike Oblivion the way it is. I do it because I like it so much. Especially after I looked at many mods and threw them all in the bin. Vanilla wins with me every time.

Edited by LenaWolfBravil
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking maybe there's a modding "bug" that bites some ppl, but not all. Like, I can't even imagine liking every vanilla game so much that I won't even consider looking at or using mods.

1 hour ago, Fkemman11 said:

You can't like vanilla that much. I can practically guarantee it. I played Skyrim (for instance) thousands of hours vanilla and there are those moments in the game(s) where you think to yourself "Gee... I wish I could change that". Like with a vanilla bug that Beth never bothered to fix? 🤣

Okay, okay. I want to see someone post that they 100% like everything about their vanilla Bethesda game of choice and have no desire ever to change anything about them.

Highlighted enlarged quote, you originally asked for someone to name one Beth game that they like as Vanilla I provided;

6 minutes ago, Fkemman11 said:

Okay, okay. But one game. You mod others, yes? I mean... you're not opposed to/uninterested in modding your games if you like something? What I'm trying to find are people who don't mod anything, ever even though they could and there are very good mods available for their games. Know anyone like that? I wanna know why they don't/if they'd even consider it.

Now you are changing the rules???????? And the answer is They enjoy the game as is, if they did not they would not play it. 

1 minute ago, JediMasterTallyn said:

Now you are changing the rules????????

Since that question has been answered to my satisfaction. Yes. Actually it's sort of outlined in the OP. 🙂

1 minute ago, Fkemman11 said:

Since that question has been answered to my satisfaction. Yes. Actually it's sort of outlined in the OP. 🙂

Ah, well then I retract my "changing the rules" comment, it did seem that  way but I misunderstood that you were rephrasing the question to continue the discusion.

4 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

they play on consoles where modding is not even possible

I thought about this. Do you suppose they ever see modded games anywhere and wonder about them? I mean... who tells themselves that they are 100% satisfied with all of their vanilla gaming experiences? I just don't believe it.

The issue here lies in that "most" modding done one consoles are the cheaty cheaty  type. Game Genie or Shark being the  oldest examples.
That  said  some people do but I do not believe they will be the "older" generation, those of  us that actually played some games in an old school Arcade, before buying them on console, back before Skyrim creation club; especially on console, modding meant cheating of some type. So from a console only perspective I can see where the "I never mod" group comes from. It is from a older school of thought that actually pre dates most modders. lol 

Now I feel old.

Edited by JediMasterTallyn