No Mods Players

Fkemman11

If someone wants to talk to people who are uninterested or uninformed about modding, the Nexus Mods forums are probably not the place to be asking.

In fact, I'd suspect that the largest number of people who don't use mods also don't participate in discussions of their games on internet gaming websites at all.

2 minutes ago, showler said:

If someone wants to talk to people who are uninterested or uninformed about modding, the Nexus Mods forums are probably not the place to be asking.

In fact, I'd suspect that the largest number of people who don't use mods also don't participate in discussions of their games on internet gaming websites at all.

While you are most likely correct it did make for a interesting discussion.

to some of us I recognize not everyone will agree with me on  that.

22 minutes ago, JediMasterTallyn said:

modding meant cheating of some type

Think I get it. It's not that they like their vanilla games so much that they wouldn't like mods. They just won't use mods at all so they don't feel like they're cheating or be tempted to. Bragging rights and perhaps Steam achievements also considered. Plus I know that modding some game can be a real pain and possibly cause problems. But what about something simple like textures/reskins? In MMO's you sometimes have to either grind for weeks to get these or pay for them (from what I've heard/read). It seems stupid to me.

Now when it comes to MMOs that is a different discussion, getting paid stuff for free has a different word used to label it and lets just leave that one alone so no one thinks they are being accused of anything, Ok? Good.
Some mods in MMO's are considered ok but any that gives an advantage to you falls under the cheat category or are considered similar to farmbots, (a big issue in ESO I am sure you can find out what  I mean if you look). So I believe you need to clarify what you mean a little more when discussing modding a MMO most of it is  going to be dropped into the cheat category by most folks that includes things like a mini map that does nothing but show the location of certain collectables.

Some call that a cheat others a needed tool to find stuff because they do not want or have the time to explore every inch of the games world.

Now Farmbots, a mod that helps with said grind is considered a cheat by most people, about the only "bot" like this people seem to be ok with is a merchant type character that just  stands in one spot and sells stuff for you. 
(Think the old school Everquest players market on the moon)

Modding an MMO is... touchy, and you have to be VERY careful; to often is it just "hacks" so that get you  in trouble.
Most of the examples I used here are mods used in ESO I picked that one MMO because it is the one MMO I played that I have experience in the modding community.

Edited by JediMasterTallyn

6 minutes ago, JediMasterTallyn said:

Now when it comes to MMOs that is a different discussion

Agreed. Was just using it as an example to show that people want different stuff in their games often enough. But they won't touch anything not "official" for various reasons.

I don't think I have played a beth game vanilla, for more than a few hours, before I was downloading mods, or making them myself..... When Oblivion first came out, I played for about 45 minutes, and HATED it. Level scaling was SO over the top. I came back to it a year or two later, when FCOM came out. That DRAMATICALLY changed the way the game played, and I LOVED it. 😄

I started on Beth games with Daggerfall, I never modded Daggerfall, as I couldn't get it to run for more than a few levels, before I got the dreaded "The game has encountered an error, you must reinstall."..... I gave up after about the fourth time. Morrowind? Yep. Started modding that as soon as I discovered there WERE mods. Then I found the CK..... I am divorced now. 😄

3 hours ago, HeyYou said:

That DRAMATICALLY changed the way the game played, and I LOVED it.

We're in the know. I guess we should be glad for it. Recently downloaded a mod that significantly changes leveling in Skyrim and I love it. I always hated how fast I leveled before.

Suppose ppl have their reasons for not taking advantage of cool free content for their games. But damn if I understand it.

54 minutes ago, showler said:

Well, I mean there's a whole lot of people out there that are in the "the way the developers intended it" mindset.

Then it's not my problem if their "mindset" is holding them back from fun. If they want to treat the games devs release as sacred, then they deserve what they get. The rest of us will mod the hell out of them. 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fkemman11 said:

Then it's not my problem if their "mindset" is holding them back from fun. If they want to treat the games devs release as sacred, then they deserve what they get. The rest of us will mod the hell out of them. 😉

Dern tootin'. 😄

I love mods. I have used little mods, that only change one or two things, to mods that totally change the way a game plays. I have added more content to my games, then I could likely ever play...... The stuff authors put out is friggin' amazing. It's actually really surprising how few people actually mod their games.....