⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Vortex loading in mods I have disabled

Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

I looked and could not find this topic, although I did find an old one similar to this involving Baldur's Gate 3.

What is happening is that I built a new Skyrim AE game changing mods from the previous one, eliminating some and adding others.  The game loaded up properly, but it added back old mods I had disabled for this run through.  For example, I turned off More Kats Skyrim, but kats are everywhere.  I turned off Auri (Song of the Green) but there's her pod on the map.

So I disabled them again in the plugins section (they were enabled again in Vortex), loaded the game, which told me a bunch of mods were now not present, and played.  Things were fine, until I reloaded the next day, and there they were again, all loaded up.

So I went into the Mods section of Vortex, so theoretically they could not load.  Same thing happened, though: on a second load up they were all back again despite being disabled in the mods section.

I have never seen this before, its new to me with Vortex.  Its always worked so well, I cannot understand what its doing.

There's a few possibilities.

Did you do anything that might have resulted in the mod files being orphaned from Vortex?  Like copying the data folder or deleting things without purging first?  Have you checked the Data folder after removing the mods to see if the files are still in there which would indicate that Vortex is no longer managing them?

Do you have a bashed patch, a merge patch or anything similar which would contain the data from those mods?  Or which could force those mods active again as masters?

I have had instances of this too.

I've experienced:

- Plugins being left in my game mods folder even though I have the mod enabled but plugin disabled.

- Upon deployment, prompts stating that certain files (which I havent even modified recently) have been deleted outside of Vortex. "Would you like to delete file or revert to original file?")

- Deploying (with Autosort enabled), and the new plugins are still disabled after completion.

I'm currently using Vortex (Stable 1.10.8) which has been very stuttery. However, I've experienced the above issues on previous versions of Vortex too.

I never use the in-game Mod/Plugin Menus.

I haven't removed any mods manually, and have no bashed or merged mods.  I' doing nothing differently than I ever have.  The only thing new is that after months I finally was able to get Skyrim AE working again so I wonder if there's not some un upgraded mod that is confusing things.  I've tried to upgrade absolutely everything, but some of the mods I use don't come from Nexus any more (like Lockpick Pro)