Next-gen patch underwhelming

mkr1977

I watched the Enclave mod in a youtube vid and was underwhelmed.

Its not really a full fledged additional faction since you cant join them, the assumption is you must fight them.

So basically raiders in Power Armor with no option for cooperation, trade or peace.

There are superior enclave mods on Nexus and I worry about a conflict so when in coming weeks or months I update to the new version I will hand delete the Enclave mod from the game files. Luckily I found a guide for that already.

Yeah, watched a video (JuiceHead I think) about the new update.

Trust Beth to release some  Creation Club nonsense as a "next gen" enhancement.

They also dropped this two days after the planned release date of Fallout London, one of the biggest mods ever, without even bother to inform them.

No one now knows when FL is due because they have to wait for a new F4SE, and in general assess the impact of the update.

Todd-16-times-the-detail can go suck a fish head.......

You need to understand the concept.  It was called a "next-gen upgrade" because it was for the PS5/Xbox Series X.  The PC version didn't need what the consoles got so it only got a few minor things.  The primary reason for lumping them all together was so that PC players wouldn't whine about the consoles getting something they didn't.

That said, the new compiler will end up with scripts running faster.

I don't know why anyone expected more when the primary focus of the original announcement was 60 fps and 4k resolution... which the PC version already had.

Edited by showler
  • Like 2

I think we understand the concept.   Call it Next-Gen without qualifiers so that new people will be encouraged to "overpay" for a 10 year old game.

Look at the price of Fallout 4 on Steam right now.   GOTY edition is 39.99.     Woohoo, you get the update.

Look at the price of Fallout 4 on GOG - without the update right now.   9.99.   Woohoo, you don't need the update anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fraquar said:

I think we understand the concept.   Call it Next-Gen without qualifiers so that new people will be encouraged to "overpay" for a 10 year old game.

Look at the price of Fallout 4 on Steam right now.   GOTY edition is 39.99.     Woohoo, you get the update.

Look at the price of Fallout 4 on GOG - without the update right now.   9.99.   Woohoo, you don't need the update anyway.

It was 75% off on Steam last week.

And the update will be available on all platforms.

What's your point?

Edited by showler

Look at the two recent Starfield update notes, March 19 and May 1. The developers are practically implementing core game features and fixing >70 various bugs in these monthly patches, this is probably what takes up most of their time. (Speaking of which, now I have to update like ~20... still, it's good they're fixing Starfield).

At this point, I'm not even sure this is the actual Next-Gen update they were talking about in 2022. BGS originally posted about "Fallout 4 Going Next-Gen" and "Prepare for the future: A next-gen update is coming to Fallout 4!", in April 19 though they just said "Fallout 4 is Getting Free Updates" and even "Next-Gen" was used like "Experience Fallout 4 on your next-generation PC with widescreen and ultra-widescreen support" "FALLOUT 4 UPGRADES ARE COMING TO NEXT-GEN CONSOLES".

the update was clearly focused on consoles. so omitting this one as a pc gamer was out of question. the only reason to install this update on pc is to beta-test it for bethesda and to confirm that the bug situation has not changed and got probably even worse due to broken mods - as expected.