Incompatible mod archive(s), Vortex version 1.11.2-BETA

Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

I downloaded the beta because the release notes suggested that the "Incompatible mod archive(s)" but had been fixed, but I must have misread them because I'm still seeing the warning for the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (see attached).

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, though? Does anyone have any advice for me?

Vortex-Check-Failed.PNG

That mod is (as far as I've seen) the only one using the new BA2 formats. Vortex isn't updated to support it yet, but you can opt into the beta if you'd prefer not to see the message under Settings -> Vortex. 

This is noted in the mod's sticky posts FYI.

Thanks, @showler, that was exactly the point of my post: I AM running the beta, yet I still see the error.

I thought it might be useful for Vortex developers to know that the beta hasn't fixed it, at least in my case.

Further, the error is occasionally triggered for other mods, see attached screen clip.

(If anyone can point out where the language I use makes that point harder to see, please let me know so I can improve future reports.)

Hilarious Vortex Message.PNG

Posted (edited)

I can reproduce error when using downgraded .exe, which makes sense as disabling downgraded files (mod), then removes warnings.

Also worth noting here that Vortex may require reboot to properly register .exe version changes.

Edit: error does seem to persist under certain conditions.
Disabling Gamebryo Archive Check extension, to manually suppress notification spam

Edited by vortexposer
Further testing

Beta version 1.11.2 should no longer show these warnings. If you're still seeing them you simply can't be on the latest beta. 1.11.1 did have an issue where the fix wasn't actually included. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

Beta version 1.11.2 should no longer show these warnings. If you're still seeing them you simply can't be on the latest beta. 1.11.1 did have an issue where the fix wasn't actually included. 

How is it supposed to work then? I'm getting spammed with "unknown" .ba2 for mods that are up-to-date on an up-to-date version of the game. It would only make sense for these specific mod to trigger while on downgraded version. Vortex reboot or flipping profiles seems to temporarily suppress it but as soon as anything triggers archive check, it trips again.

1.10.980.0 > 1.11.2 

Screenshot_10.png

Edited by vortexposer