Busy 2 Weeks Coming Up

Dark0ne

Hi folks,

Just want to let you all know that I probably won't be around much from the 26th onwards, for an undisclosed period of time. I'll be making the whooping 25 mile trip from my home town of Torquay to the City of Exeter to begin studying Computer Science at the university there. I'll be living in halls, which I'm definately looking forward to, but it'll mean more going outside (I better install the "no-cliffracer" plugin before embarking on any trips).

I've spent the past year bumming around on a year out. Figured that it'd be stupid to go straight from 13 years of non-stop education into another 3 years and had good fun working on site projects and generally doing nothing, but now I've got to re-enter the real world!

Exeter is a great city, Simon (that'd be Anubis for anyone around when MWC first began!) has been up there for the past two years doing the same course, and I was up there a lot last year, and the year before that. I figure I've got a major head start on most people who'll be freshers this year -- I already know the campus, and I know a lot of 3rd years, which is always worth big brownie points. Especially if I want their houses next year when they move on.

I'll be using the univeristy connection, which is fast but highly firewalled and proxied, which makes online gaming extremely difficult. If I can't get ports opened for games (especially BF2) I'll hopefully route through Simon's connection which will hopefully work. Else it's quite possible the Gaming Source BF2 server will be coming down if I can't make a connection, since there's not much point in me paying for a server that I can't play on! That's a heads up!

Probably won't have a connection for the first few days, 26th to 28thish.

Just want to let you all know that I probably won't be around much from the 26th onwards, for an undisclosed period of time. I'll be making the whooping 25 mile trip from my home town of Torquay to the City of Exeter

Given the state of public transport in this country, we might hear from again round about Christmas time, then? :D

to begin studying Computer Science at the university there.

Have fun! And enjoy student union drink prices! :D

Have a great time and don't forget us! In all the partying don't forget to a) work (occasionally, you don't have to go mad), b) network and c) avoid matrimony - it tends to happen in year three when eveyone is going their own way again.

Good luck,hope it all goes well :D

hope u dont have to close down the best server on BF2,now that would be a shame.......out of interest what does it cost a month to run it?im sure theres enough of us that could donate towards it