The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Anyone care to place an order?

What to cook for breakfast?

Diced baked Potatoes, Hash browns, or steamed; brown or white Rice?

Bacon or Pork Sausage?

Tenderloin Beef or Salisbury Steak?

Sweet spicey or a Tangy tartar?

Eastern style or Western style meats?

Archipelago variety or chickens eggs?

What selection of spices would you like?

What style cooking flame or electric?

Open fire pit on a rotisserie, stone heated, glass, copper, or steel cooking utensils; pots and pans barbeque or oven?

Oven?

Microwave Oven with glass range top; or Stove top range and electric oven?

Solar power :devil:​ , Hydro power :sweat: , or Nuclear power :nuke: ?

I WIN!

easy as pizza (pie)

Cooking with ingredients in real life isn't as easy as pie. Just boiling water took four minutes. Measuring a pinch of salt took me ten minutes to find out what a pinch is. It isn't the same as a teaspoon or a quarter of a teaspoon. Trying to get a pinch of salt measure between my finger and thumb was incredibly difficult, because the salt kept slipping out from between my fingers before I could get it into the bowl. I watched a video and the cook actually flung the salt from a bag of salt. I bought a round cartoon of salt. No one told me that salt comes in bags.
I know there is a bottle of wine around here somewhere. I know what I am going to do when I find it.

Added salt to the water that was boiling. While it was boiling added curly noodles. Stirred occasionally so the noodles were boiled evenly on all portions. After a moment I had a brain seizure. When I recovered from the stall I realized why I had the desire to learn to cook.

I won't be having anymore brain seizures over that again.

I added slices of Zucchini, bits of Cauliflower, bits of Broccoli, chopped sliced Red and Yellow peppers, Green Peas, and mixed it all in with the Spiral Macaroni until all was tender. Poured in a Parmesan Cream Sauce and stirred until blended. :happy:

No! :devil: Not doing that again because I liked it. :happy: I'll get fat! :geek:

I WIN!

easy as pizza (pie)

I had a desirable response to that combination of vegetable and cheese sauce content. Shortly after I sat back I got really relaxed. Started yawning.

I can't remember when I had felt so comfortable after a meal. I actually took a nap. If I discover anymore meals with such a calming effect I may have to let my game machine's AI take over playing games on it after dinner for me. :wink: :wink:

Mom's cooked meals must have been to send us out with our bodies charged up to do chores with the old fashion tools requiring lots of strength and stamina to do the chores with them.

Hmm? How do you prepare that dish you wrote about having; Mktavish?

my fathers out doing me on his rig

Wait, what?

You have to read the post a couple of times to get the meaning.

The father is outdoing niphilim with the new computer, not out of the house doing him on his tractor-trailer.

i win!!! lol my fathers out doing me on his rig, hes getting the https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=4_64&item_id=138211 lol. Hes going for a life build i call it. Out doing me huh..

This is just so not right on so many levels!

It is an absolute travesty when a geezer gets it in his/her head that he/she can keep up with a young buck/doe. There are laws in this universe, and one so ancient should know them by heart (well unless he/she is like me, older than dirt and is able to get lost in the bathroom if I turn around too quickly).

Niphilim ... if we didn't do our darnest to keep the bar raised for you, you'd get the notion that you could just drift down the stream, enjoying the dappled sun filtering through the trees and soothing twitter of the birds like us poor old retired folk are forced to do every day.

I know ... to look at me you wouldn't guess I had such a mean streak, would you!!