The last poster wins

TheCalliton

My GF introduced me to Garry's Mod today, which is about 50% engineering simulator 50% zombie survival horror. She said to me "OK, I'm going to go away now and gather supplies, you need to make a vehicle for us, just stick some wheels on that bathtub or something" When she got back 20 minutes later I'd made an actual flying car that actually flew. I was pretty proud of that.

My GF introduced me to Garry's Mod today, which is about 50% engineering simulator 50% zombie survival horror. She said to me "OK, I'm going to go away now and gather supplies, you need to make a vehicle for us, just stick some wheels on that bathtub or something" When she got back 20 minutes later I'd made an actual flying car that actually flew. I was pretty proud of that.

I have an early version of this (V.9.0.4 - free) but never even got around to install the executable yet, is it any good? I would only bother using it if I get to do something at least half useful with it, like make mods for half life or something like that.

I have an early version of this (V.9.0.4 - free) but never even got around to install the executable yet, is it any good? I would only bother using it if I get to do something at least half useful with it, like make mods for half life or something like that.

Its more like a live map editor.

Imagine if you had Creation Kit running while playing Skyrim in real time, but with a lot less options, depending on the addons you installed. But its less for serious mods and more for wacky over the top stupid engineering stuffs.

I got bored of it soon, just goofed around with a friend in multiplayer and then I never played it again. Feels too much like playing a hacked version of the Source engine (which it basically is). IMO, that is.