The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Wait till you get to Ultimate mode, you think its hard, think again. How Borderlands reminds me of Diablo :biggrin: ultimate mode is the hell mode in Borderlands.

If anyone has a level 61 hoplite shield on psn just add me as scott60gbuser, i have several torgue weapons like the Unkempt harold lv61.

Edited by Thor.

I'll be joining you at PS4 launch Thor, I got into the PS looong into the PS3's lifespan, but I was completely blown away by how quiet, powerful, user friendly, and simply dependable the bugger is. With the '360, as good as it is, it's just no match for the PS, now. The only thing I see as holding my interest with the Xbox are the exclusives, Halo in particular, with Halo 4 honestly being one of the best shooters I've ever seen. But even with that, and I am definitely going to miss Halo and the idea of an FPS having it's story and art design as priority #1, I'm sure there's going to be good shooters on the PS4, too, although I do wonder if we'll ever see art design quite like that again.

What Halo really does well is scale, especially in multiplayer, you don't feel like you're in this tiny enclosed box of random streets N cars, it feels like you're actually THERE, whever there is. On one map, you're on a freighter, making it's final plunge into the atmosphere of a gas giant-the map periodically judders and shakes, bits of debris tear away, and if you watch long enough the ships degrades and heats up. On another there's an all-out space battle going on in the background, and on a third, there's literally a star, frozen in time at the point just before supernova. It's a degree of almost overdone art design that pushes the feeble Xbox to it's absolute limit, but it feels worth it, because the sense of being there it, and the frankly brilliant sound design gives, is worth it, and my one concern is when I go fully Sony, that there won't be a game that immersive, that artistically driven.

I got my parts all ordered, funny story really, turns out the motherboard I ordered is literally the last one of it's kind for sale on this half of the continent until they restock, good thing I ordered today! I got some good advice from them aswell, Scorpion never cease to amaze me with how nice they are. According to them, they get most of their business from repeat business, but when you buy a full tower, they make a permanent account storing what sort of PC you have, and when you buy parts, check compatability for you with your existing system. For this upgrade I was toying with the idea of a new PSU, but I was actually talked OUT of buying one by their desk guy, who suggested that what I have now should be more than enough for at least another two years yet.