The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Do you have windows live installed, sometimes windows does not come packaged with live, you may have to try installing through windows home page. :geek: Even if it has it built into the game, if live is absent it might not work at all. You have to log in sometimes to get it working depending on the OS.

I made sure by downloading and installing it. I've also made sure everything is updated including graphics drivers and the games. Nothing seems to work for me. I'm at a complete loss. Just tried running windows live and it says that a required Windows component has been disabled on my machine. It wont tell me what though lol.

I'm sure I was evil in a past life :)

God Americans are dumb(no offense)

So, in the late 1990s the American branch of Ford announced that it could make better cars than the Australian branch of Ford, cut the local branch's funding, and spent billions importing tens of thousands of American Fords to Australia and moving the steering wheel over to the logical side. The story from this era that tells you best how things turned out is that of the Mustang.

The Mustang arrived in 2001. It was a terrible car. It's immense weight and poor design meant that it was about as agile as a deep-sea container ship, while it's pathetic 160 horsepower engine infamously packed less "American Muscle" than many compacts of the era. To make matters even worse, the cheapest model cost a staggering $148,000 Australian(130-ish US money) At the same time Nissan introduced the 350Z. The 350 was a whole half-tonne lighter than the Mustang, had over 300 horsepower, but above all, it only cost $49,000. Over one-hundred grand cheaper. In the end, Ford sold less than 50 Mustangs in three years, and left the market in 2003, taking the even less successful Taurs and Explorer with them.

Yet today they announced that they were going to "bring American sohpistication and civility" to the Australian market, sack the 16,000 Ford factory workers and start importing cars that aren't even seling well in America. How did these people ever even manage to send a man to the moon?

Good Morning Nexus...

I've decided that enough is enough and that maybe you guys can help me out here.

I have 3 games I can't play, Fable III (which I could play last year but now can't), Dark Souls and BioShock 2. They are all Games for Windows Live and also can be registered through Steam even though they are Retail/disk bought. None of them will run. I've installed, patched and the like for each of them but, when I click the icon, nothing happens, nadda, zilch, nothing... The disk goes round in the tray, the disk icon flashes on the screen then... nothing.

I've read so many forums for each of them and followed x, y and z to try to get them working but to no avail.

Can you guys give me any assistance into what could be the problem. I run Windows 7 Home Premium on a quad core processor. The system requirements are more than adequate and all drivers are up to date. I'm totally at a loss as to what could be going on. You are my only hope now :smile:

Hmm, I may be wrong about this since this is the way Linux does things, but try running the executables through CMD. If I'm right, and I might be, CMD should blurp out any errors regarding to why the exe failed to initialize. Just cd into the game's directory (for example - CD C:\Program Files\blah\blah\blah) then launch the exe (aka, run the following => start example.exe). Worth a shot.

@Iv000 I told you so. :D

Did you patch Windows Live recently? I had to uninstall it fairly recently after it's stupid ass started screwing with my PC. It's like Origin but less intelligent.

Have you tried googling the problem naomis? I had a problem with Live before and found a solution on some other forum, or when I had issues with FO3 being unplayable because of it I had to move the game directory.

Vindekarr,

I don't know what they are passing off as a Mustang there, but a new 2014 Shelby Mustang GT500 at 662hp starts at US$60,000. I can't imagine the additional cost is for transportation.

It must be a different model with the Mustang name. I noticed in one of your images that you had what is called a Camaro. It look nothing like what we have here in the US.

I remember when I used to hate Steam - the first time I was forced to install it when I bought Fallout: New Vegas. I hated its guts.

Now it is blissful and beautiful and extravagant in comparison to Games for Windows Live, UPlay, Origin, and whatever else exists.

Vindekarr,

I don't know what they are passing off as a Mustang there, but a new 2014 Shelby Mustang GT500 at 662hp starts at US$60,000. I can't imagine the additional cost is for transportation.

It must be a different model with the Mustang name. I noticed in one of your images that you had what is called a Camaro. It look nothing like what we have here in the US.

Nope, that's a Monaro. Since the Camaro would too delicate for Australia, in around 1968 Gm's Australian division created it's own equivalent. Named after a coastal beauty spot on the south coast, the Monaro was a mostly Australian muscle car that was produced from 1969 to 1979. It was replaced by an ultra high-performance four-door called the Commodore SS, which is not only still in production today, but is now being exported to the US. It formed the basis for the re-designed Camaro in 2008, and shares it's engine, gearbox, suspension brakes and chassis with the current C-6 Corvette.

http://i50.tinypic.com/28qzvt.jpg http://images02.olx.com/ui/1/63/78/1925578_1.jpg

The current generation Monaro. With a 427 cubic inch V-8 putting out over 450 horsepower, or over 500 This is the era of Mustang that was sold here. It was sold for between 120 and 160 thousand

the optional supercharger. She'll blow the doors off top-spec Euro sports sedans for less than half the price. It was dogged by miserable build quality, an anaemic V-6 engine and poor handling.

Edited by Vindekarr