The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Yeah, C.A.R.S. is going to be memorable one way or another-those graphics are just mind-blowing and the physics... it's going to be awesome, the Crysis of racing games.

In the mean time I gave rFactor 2 a try, I'd describe my reaction at the moment as "ambivalent". It's a good game, that's clear. It's got the potential to rival CARS and it already rivals Gran Turismo. Problem is, at the moment it's quite unfinished so there isn't much content right now. It's worth keeping an eye on, but I'm not going to buy it for quite a while yet.

I kind started laughing at rfactor after trying it out for the first time, the graphics remind me of ps2 and the draw distance is terrible, not to mention its dx9 and the load times is not to be desired.

i maxed it out, and it still looked ancient, toca race driver looked better, it to probably has better physics.

Edited by Thor.

The second rFactor's graphics are a lot better-about half-way between GT5 and NFS Shift 2. The physics are better than GT5 as well, the only off-putting thing for me is the relatively small car list at present.

http://racesimcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/racesimcentral-simhq-rfactor2-beta-indepth-look.jpg

Here we have a direct graphical comparison(same car in both games)-rFactor 2 on max settings with the best graphical mods available(above, red car) and Project CARS(built 0.4.7-alpha on) on medium settings(green car, below)

Compare the draw distance-the furtherest rFactor car doesn't even have shadows rendered, while CARS clearly has full detail even at 200+ meters-AND the same level of detail in both mirrors. Also note the dash details

-the stitching on the steering wheel and the fully working guages-and all the little wires and screws-in the CARS screenshot. And that's not even the max graphics settings. Bloody hell...

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/006494.jpg

Edited by Vindekarr

-snip-

I can never decide whether I like the Camaro or Corvette better.

And being completely honest, there aren't a lot of American cars I like either, and I live here! :laugh:

On a side note, I'm trying to get Facebook to load and it's being a piece of shat.

Seriously, my once a month visit will be delayed because the page is frozen or something? I had two, TWO, notifications that I NEED to see.

Ugh, I'm being somewhat sarcastic, but one of them might be important to whether or not I'm going somewhere tonight. Of course, I can't get to either of them.

Edit: Bizarre... It won't stop loading... And my post on here was stuck being saved...

Iv000 was having some problems with Facebook recently too. What evil is afoot, I wonder?

Yeah, I have no idea why it happens only to some.

My problem fixed itself after some time, probably some server issues, maybe they're doing maintenance or something.