The last poster wins

TheCalliton

new 780ti benchmarks, so confused :wacko: , although they are saying the r290x runs really hot of 90c, Fail in my opinion. I want a video card that's fast and runs cool.

http://wccftech.com/alleged-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-3dmark-11-score-unveiled/

Actually, that's a 690 benchmark which the guy used to claim it's 780 Ti, the character count in the graphics card name doesn't fit the "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti", there's no Ti in the name (he obscured that fact but I measured length). However, it does fit the "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690" name perfectly, and that's the only Nvidia chip on the market right now that can beat the Titan.

Here's the result of 690 in 3DMark, just needs a few MHz lower clocks and you have a GTX 780 Ti benchmark.

I made my decision, after 2 hours of turning and nearly falling off my bed i have come to a conclusion, Nvidia it is. Until the actual specs are revealed, there is no reason not to save up for a ti lol.

Edited by Thor.

Argh! The Dead Money DLC for Fallout NV has ruined my character! I always overwrite my games so that I can't backtrack for realism purposes, but I didn't know that I'd get trapped in that bloody vault and die with no way to prevent it! I didn't even want to go to the vault, the frigging map marker led me there and I had no say in the matter. Plus, all my equipment was taken from me when I started the DLC, so even if I use coc to escape, I have nothing! And my guy is level 25!

Stinkin' evil game.

EDIT: Apparently not. I didn't realise that I didn't have to click all the stuff on the terminal and doom myself.

EDIT 2: I am so relieved that there was a different ending. Now I've got all my stuff back and I'm free to wander, just like I wanted. It was still a pain in the arse though, since it crashed like 6 times in the final battle. Ended up just using tgm, killall and then fleeing while saving every 20 seconds in case it crashed again...

So now, the final DLC...

Edited by billyro

Argh! The Dead Money DLC for Fallout NV has ruined my character! I always overwrite my games so that I can't backtrack for realism purposes, but I didn't know that I'd get trapped in that bloody vault and die with no way to prevent it! I didn't even want to go to the vault, the frigging map marker led me there and I had no say in the matter. Plus, all my equipment was taken from me when I started the DLC, so even if I use coc to escape, I have nothing! And my guy is level 25!

Stinkin' evil game.

EDIT: Apparently not. I didn't realise that I didn't have to click all the stuff on the terminal and doom myself.

EDIT 2: I am so relieved that there was a different ending. Now I've got all my stuff back and I'm free to wander, just like I wanted. It was still a pain in the arse though, since it crashed like 6 times in the final battle. Ended up just using tgm, killall and then fleeing while saving every 20 seconds in case it crashed again...

So now, the final DLC...

I've had that dlc for ages now and had plenty of time in game to check it out but just didn't, dunno why

Just get that ACX Superclocked one from EVGA, Thor. No worries about heat with that card. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I just noticed that Nvidia has been drastically reducing it's prices for graphics cards. On average around 15 to 20 percent. Well, in my country at least.

Enough to get me thinking of ditching my 2 months old GeForce 670 TI Sig 2 (it's the bottleneck of my rig) for a 780 myself. (20% price reduction on that one)