The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Just finished re-watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Damn, it has got to be the best trilogy ever. In fact, each individual movie stands on its own as some of my favourite movies of all time.

I agree xD I want the Gold Collector Edition of the trilogy but its $100

Just finished re-watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Damn, it has got to be the best trilogy ever. In fact, each individual movie stands on its own as some of my favourite movies of all time.

Normally I'd be watching motor racing on Saturday night-in all forms of motorsport you always do Qualifying on a Saturday, and there's a lot of championships about to be decided. Unfortunately for me that's all on at 1 AM so I ended up watching Captain America instead. It was too patchily made to be a classic, but overall I really enjoyed it. The writing was rock-solid, the acting ranged from good to brilliant, and the overall art-deco artstyle was just fantastic(a bit like Fallout's) It's one failing was that it followed a comic-book plot that felt a little simplistic when translated onto the big screen-and even then that's a minor gripe because some of the acting was just sensational. I had a blast, even if it was a simplistic, bloodthirsty war-comic about punching nazis in the dick.

Me too, looking forward to the Decimation of Smaug at the end of this year :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLgnkRxlKCg

Edited by Ironman5000

It's funny how people are quick to moan about consumerism when they are the very slaves it panders to

Yup.

But it depends really from person to person.

I don't look at brands, if I can I buy used, I don't shop much, I have a very small collection of clothing that I wear all the time and two pairs of sneakers max. I don't have nor do I need the latest phone, the latest PC or the latest tech. I have what I need to do my work and to have fun.

On the other hand my mom has 15 handbags, 4 closets full of s#*!, shoes all over the place and idk what else. Some of my friends have the latest Samsung phone, the iPhone 5, new laptops etc. They don't know how to use those things efficiently even, so it's double the shame that they got those.

Then there's those people that are against "consumerism" but they buy a pack of cigarettes every day and smoke all the time, go drinking and spend a fortune on alcohol etc. That's even worse than your usual shopping consumer, because they got into cigarettes and now they can't stop. They spend a FORTUNE on those things which slowly kill them.

I don't get how and why people do that. I understand that things are tempting and of course I buy s#*! that I don't exactly need all the time (Example, 200+ games on Steam. Most bought through bundles.), but you got to have some kind of handbrake in your head?

Kids should be taught how to handle money more efficiently these days, parents give them pocket money every week/month and they spend it all on smokes or alcohol and then the rest on shopping. I only get money for holidays and my bday and I put the majority of it away for Uni.