The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Oh god, I ate too much and now I'm in pain, someone kill me now! I couldn't resist, there was turkey with pasta tatters, home-made bread, apple pie, strawberry pie, chocolate cubes with honey, a big Nutella-filled cake, lots of prosciutto, cheese, French salad, and eggs that have ground yolks mixed with mayonnaise.

I just couldn't decide what to eat so I ate a lot of everything, now I feel like throwing up, my stomach wants to explode and my lungs need more room so I can breathe. I'm gonna die from this, I'm sure of it. cry1.gif

Well, it was fun while it lasted, right? :laugh:

I do have to say that pic above looks almost photo real :smile:

Ermm, looks the same as vanilla to me. :confused:

i was talking about the lighting, its hard to make the game remotely realistic then using some real fancy depth of field and sky lighting.

The lighting looks fine, but now you need to get some textures for the rock, the snow and the trees to give it a little bit more depth. The vanilla textures/textures you're using are quite bland and grey. And yeah, temporarily enabling depth of field (even if only for screenshots) will give a good illusion of realism.

Depth of field wasn't what i was thinking of, i hate dof. but comparing the depth of field you see as you look in the distance, oblivion actually was better. Field of view isn't all that great in Skyrim, you actually had a sense of falling in Oblivion vs Skyrim.

Edited by Thor.

Oh god, I ate too much and now I'm in pain, someone kill me now! I couldn't resist, there was turkey with pasta tatters, home-made bread, apple pie, strawberry pie, chocolate cubes with honey, a big Nutella-filled cake, lots of prosciutto, cheese, French salad, and eggs that have ground yolks mixed with mayonnaise.

I just couldn't decide what to eat so I ate a lot of everything, now I feel like throwing up, my stomach wants to explode and my lungs need more room so I can breathe. I'm gonna die from this, I'm sure of it. cry1.gif

^ me after every christmas dinner, pretty much, and having gastro reflux makes things worse - I actually looks pregnant and feel like a baloon afterwards and that's no exaggeration...

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/34926629/3qhbk6_large.jpg

Edited by Ironman5000

Steam sale lasts until the second, not buying anything. well because i technically have everything like left for dead 2 and everything else in between.

In other news just bought Endless space gold edition for 8$.

Edited by Thor.

Thor has been winning too long.

Edited by K00L

Depth of field wasn't what i was thinking of, i hate dof. but comparing the depth of field you see as you look in the distance, oblivion actually was better. Field of view isn't all that great in Skyrim, you actually had a sense of falling in Oblivion vs Skyrim.

Open the console and type "FOV 90" which is apparently a good resolution for 1980x1080 (I use 80, cos I have 1600x900). You'll also need to change a variable in the .ini files for it to be permanent. A lot of people use a low field of view for taking screenshots too - might want to consider it?

And I'm not saying you have to play with DOF enabled, but just temporarily when you're taking screenshots. That's what I did.

In other news, today I went to Cairns. There, we watched The Hobbit 2 (it just come out in cinemas today), bought a 58" TV, and I almost lost my wallet (a kind person returned it to lost and found, and didn't pinch any of the $500 in it). Mum reckons I should but a lottery ticket, since I'm so lucky (I've lost my wallet twice this year, and got it back both times).

Edited by billyro

Steam has been down since L4D2 went free.

Yup. I may have helped with that though, I got L4D but I never got L4D2, and when I saw it's free I grabbed it immediately. :happy:

Unfortunately for me the download speed is so slow that I may be able to play it by new year's eve, and maybe not. It's currently at 826MB of 7.6GB and the speed is 86kbps. :sad:

Aaand Steam just restarted to apply an update which slowed it down further. :facepalm:

^ me after every christmas dinner, pretty much, and having gastro reflux makes things worse - I actually looks pregnant and feel like a baloon afterwards and that's no exaggeration...

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/34926629/3qhbk6_large.jpg

Damn right it was worth it, especially now that my stomach feels good again. Best thing is, there's still food everywhere, so I can repeat it. :D

You're... sure that car's not a photograph?

It's an in game screenshot with an HD texture mod installed. I own that game and I can confirm that is an in-game screenshot. It really does look that good with texture mods.

@Thor What the hell happened to your signature? It's huge! :blink:

EDIT: I hate Steam, L4D2 is at 5.2GB out of 7.6GB after nearly 12 hours. F*** :facepalm:

Edited by Werne