The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I've given her a few bruises when she has annoyed me personally, but when she's being a cow to everyone, I don't think I'd get away with it. And she does fight (viciously) and generally goes for the head or the crotch, so I try to keep her at arms length. She's kicked me in the balls a few times and it isn't very nice. :ermm:

So... you got beaten by a girl, an 11 year old girl at that... :laugh: And if she is getting on everyone's nerves, giving her a few smacks could result in cheers of joy. :wink:

Just for future reference (since you obviously need help, beaten by an 11 year old girl... :laugh:), you win fights by giving your opponent no chance to counterattack. You don't have to hit as hard as you can, what's important is to hit as fast as you can until you see a window of opportunity. And when that window appears, you hit as hard as you can but don't aim for the head, aim for the guts, right below the ribcage. Whoever you hit will have trouble breathing (you hit the diafragm) and will feel nauseated (you also nailed the stomach), which allows you to beat the crap out of that someone before they recuperate.

Another spot that works well is the neck, properly measured impact in the front of the neck can make a person feel like suffocating and sometimes even dizzy, even though they have enough air to breathe, effectively making them a big boxing bag. Not recommended for beginners though, you can kill the person if you use too much force. Hitting someone in the head is the least effective, someone without experience can break the bones in his own hand (which can lead to reduced motor skills and permanent damage) and it only becomes effective after multiple hard hits that wear you out, missing the target means you're the one who'll be beaten up cause you'll be tired in no time.

What can I say, fighting is more art than pure violence, and I've got plenty of experience which is why I am an artist. :devil:

Your sister does not fall in the artist category though, those who go for the crotch are mere peasants. :armscrossed:

She's 11 and I'm 18. I'm not going to flat out smash her just because she annoys me occasionally :laugh: (and she's my friend most of the time: there is hardly any sibling rivalry in my family).

Also, I did taekwondo for 2 years (even though it was quite a while ago), so I'm not completely helpless. Fighting my sister isn't the problem - the problem is that she is a little girl in primary school, and I've finished high school and I don't bash up children. :tongue:

And just to clarify, taekwondo is more about self defence than actually fighting. I didn't do it for long enough to learn any super moves or anything, but at least I can defend myself alright. My sister, on the other hand, pretends to be nice and waits until I'm not looking and then wham! She's pretty good at masking her intentions, but then I suppose most girls are.

Still, I doubt I've had a tenth of the fighting experience you've probably got, Werne. I've only been in a couple of fights in my life (and they weren't too serious) so I'm not sure what would happen in a really dangerous battle.

Your methods of fighting are really good, though. I'll keep it in mind if I ever get into a real brawl (a bit unlikely, but just in case).

Also, just to mention it, the voice is also a pretty good weapon. If you yell really loud (like put full force behind it, make it sharp and painful for them to hear), it can usually stun your opponent for a brief time.

EDIT: And no, I'm not talking about Skyrim. I mean actually yelling: a short, loud "GET BACK!" or something usually stops an attacker for a brief second.

All in all, I'm probably better at fighting with weapons than with my bare fists. Guns (rifles) - easy: lots of target practice, shot a few feral pigs in the brain before. I reckon you're good at using guns, so I don't really have to say much.

But if I had to, I'd much rather use a cricket bat, a machete, a cane knife, an axe, etc. instead of punching.

Aaand I'm getting carried away... :sweat:

Edited by billyro

She's 11 and I'm 18. I'm not going to flat out smash her just because she annoys me occasionally :laugh: (and she's my friend most of the time: there is hardly any sibling rivalry in my family).

Also, I did taekwondo for 2 years (even though it was quite a while ago), so I'm not completely helpless. Fighting my sister isn't the problem - the problem is that she is a little girl in primary school, and I've finished high school and I don't bash up children. :tongue:

And just to clarify, taekwondo is more about self defence than actually fighting. I didn't do it for long enough to learn any super moves or anything, but at least I can defend myself alright. My sister, on the other hand, pretends to be nice and then wham! She's pretty good at masking her intentions, but then I suppose most girls are.

I wasn't talking about breaking her neck man, I was talking about giving her a nice slap across the face. She may be 11 but that doesn't mean she can just do whatever she wants cause "she's a kid". Hell, I used to beat the crap out of my brother daily, mostly because he was stubborn and never backed off, and he's a bit more than 6 years younger than me. Though we were a fun family, we would beat each other up so bad we bleed all over the house, and 5 minutes later we sit on the balcony discussing boobs like nothing happened.

And by the way, you're worse than I thought - you took taekwondo and still got your ass kicked by an 11 year old girl. :tongue:

Still, I doubt I've had a tenth of the experience you've probably got, Werne. I've only been in a couple of fights in my life (and they weren't too serious) so I'm not sure what would happen in a really dangerous battle.

Your methods of fighting are really good, though. I'll keep it in mind if I ever get into a real brawl (a bit unlikely, but just in case).

My fighting is why I was forced to serve in the military, though it's the only subject I'm not willing to discuss in details.

Also, just to mention it, the voice is also a pretty good weapon. If you yell really loud (like put full force behind it, make it sharp and painful for them to hear), it can usually stun your opponent for a brief time.

EDIT: And no, I'm not talking about Skyrim. I mean actually yelling: a short, loud "GET BACK!" or something usually stops an attacker for a brief second.

Nah, I don't want my throat to feel soar, I just stop my attacker in his tracks with a nice fist in the guts, and then I break his neck. :smile:

Or I just stab him if I'm lazy, either way works. Stabbing is messy though, for some reason people like to bleed all over the place, and that includes bleeding all over you too. :dry:

And just to clarify, taekwondo is more about self defence than actually fighting. I didn't do it for long enough to learn any super moves or anything, but at least I can defend myself alright. My sister, on the other hand, pretends to be nice and then wham! She's pretty good at masking her intentions, but then I suppose most girls are.

I wasn't talking about breaking her neck man, I was talking about giving her a nice slap across the face. She may be 11 but that doesn't mean she can just do whatever she wants cause "she's a kid". Hell, I used to beat the crap out of my brother daily, mostly because he was stubborn and never backed off, and he's a bit more than 6 years younger than me. Though we were a fun family, we would beat each other up so bad we bleed all over the house, and 5 minutes later we sit on the balcony discussing boobs like nothing happened.

And by the way, you're worse than I thought - you took taekwondo and still got your ass kicked by an 11 year old girl. :tongue:

You're hurting my manly feelings... :facepalm:

My family is too empathetic to take things too far. Usually it just ends up with harsh words and then that's it.

Still, I doubt I've had a tenth of the experience you've probably got, Werne. I've only been in a couple of fights in my life (and they weren't too serious) so I'm not sure what would happen in a really dangerous battle.

My fighting is why I was forced to serve in the military, though it's the only subject I'm not willing to discuss in details.

Righto. Yeah, I was thinking about joining the army reserves here, but in the end I chose not to.

Nah, I don't want my throat to feel soar, I just stop my attacker in his tracks with a nice fist in the guts, and then I break his neck. :smile:

Or I just stab him if I'm lazy, either way works. Stabbing is messy though, for some reason people like to bleed all over the place, and that includes bleeding all over you too. :dry:

You don't need to scream like a war cry, just a solid yell will do the trick. And, yeah, breaking their neck also works I suppose. :P

And how inconsiderate of those people, bleeding all over the place... they just don't care for anyone except themselves! Maybe you should try bludgeoning instead of stabbing next time? It might have a different result.

I've only ever been in one fight, and it was nasty enough that I never wanted to be in another one again. There was a very nasty group of girls at the highschool I went to, who used to like to beat people up because they somehow thought it made them bigger people. Ofcourse, they never bothered fighting someone their own size, and usually went for the guys who didn't actually play contact sports.

To cut a long story short, one of them took a swing at my head one afternoon with a fist full of rocks. She missed, and then started swinging at me again. Because I didn't have anywhere to run to, I panicked and kicked her in the groin. Not a smart move considering I was the Striker(goal-kicker) for the school soccer team. She went down hard, screaming like a banshee and probably couldn't walk straight for a week. Surprisingly I didn't get in any trouble for the incident from either my parents or the school; the school knew she was a menace to society and that eventually someone else would draw first blood, and my parents knew the incident had shaken me up enough to never get in that sort of situation again.

Never do a groin kick on a female. Depending on how hard you kick, they'll either be down for the count or need to be hospitalised. It's an effective move, but not one you want to pull outside of a war zone, considering the placement of the Pubis bone just under the skin and the huge mass of nerve tissue in that area. If you thought getting kicked in the balls hurt, well, you've got about half the nerve-endings in the line of fire. Yeah. it's that painful.

I probably laughed harder than I should have at the blue guy's expression. frickin' priceless.

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Olympics%2BDay%2B12%2BTaekwondo%2B3Dv5fG6KOvMl.jpg

Edited by Vindekarr

You don't need to scream like a war cry, just a solid yell will do the trick.

Fus Ro Dah!

Been in plenty of fights myself too back when I was young, but nothing too serious. Lost just about as often as I won. It's all past tense.

Although I have no memory of it, I've been told that when I was in first grade I beat a kid up for taking my crayons.

Does that count? :P

i think Sony won the console race this round, MS is going the way of Diskless drm, that would also mean cancelling legacy disk games shipments to the original adopters. With net neutrality questioned, this will only be a bad move for ms.

In other news, Sony is embracing Disks with a nice gift with ps2 emulation, in the near, near future.

Now whose the more likely to win.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/white-and-disc-less-xbox-one-consoles-rumoured-for-retail

Also M$ is well known for there price fixing, especially hardware and digital content, if they do go disk less, the price will be the same. Another dick move would be to use proprietary HDD's like they did with the 360. I bet they will.

Edited by Thor.