The last poster wins

TheCalliton

So, did you guys buy something for your special someone or are you having a death wish?

Lavender soap for when we take a bath together, I'll give him a nice foot massage during that as well, I got one of the little bags filled with lavender that you put in your closet to chase away moths and it smells nice, aaand lubricant. If the airport security confiscates it then they will need to use it short after cause I'm putting a cactus up their ass. (I read that I can take 100ml bottles though, so I should be fine since it's a 50ml one. Even if they do confiscate it I'll get another one in the UK :P )

And as an extra I've been taking care of my lips with lip balm so they're not as rough because of the damn cold, I got tic tacs and I've been brushing my tongue to try get rid of a specific reflex.

And I'll trim my beard so it's the perfect length to be rough and scratchy but enjoyable :happy:

So yeah, I'm trying really hard here to be a good boyfriend. I hope he'll like it.

You?

The creation kit makes me want to punch someone in the face. Preferably whoever made the damn thing.

Tell me about it. Today it took me 45 minutes to finish modifying Serana's AI packages and the damn thing crashed as I pressed Save. Then it refused to open Dawnguard.esm and instead crashed, Steam validated the damn thing when I was validating Skyrim cache and replaced my SkyrimEditor.ini with a new one that doesn't have Dawnguard.esm.

After I finally managed to open it and redo the 45 minutes of work I lost, I saved without a crash... and the plugin can't be opened neither in CK nor TES5Edit. So I gotta do it all over again in TES5Edit tomorrow, can't even describe how freakin' annoying that is. I even consider GECK and OCS much better than CK, they are at least more stable. :rolleyes:

I guess I was actually using the creation set, since it was Oblivion. Guh... Four times it's crashed as I've tried to make just two companions. I haven't messed with Skyrim's creation kit in a long time, but I do remember it being a pain too.

I'm done now, I'm giving up on it since I'd rather just wander alone than deal with the crashing but I thought it would be fun to have my brothers' characters with me and crank the difficulty up so it would be somewhat balanced out.

So, did you guys buy something for your special someone or are you having a death wish?

You?

A new Oxyacetylene Torch; that says quite a lot about my girlfriend. It may sound like a strange gift but she's every bit the mechanic I am, and enjoys making sculptures from metal scrap in her spare time. This is a tool she's wanted for a while but never gotten around to buying; it's just the tool you want for carving or sculpting metal plates, and doubles as a high-heat welder.

http://oxyacetylenetorch.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/s_torch2.jpg

Nothing says "I love you" like a $300 titanium rod that spits 1000+ degree hellfire; I have a very strange family.

So a second computer I'm building that just needs to function, not really play games, needs some RAM. It was using 240-pin DDR3. Anyone know how I can be sure any new sticks I order would be compatible?

I'm back! Been in the hospital for 4 days, doc finally let me out. :dance:

Though I'm guessing none of you even noticed I was missing, eh? :tongue:

Yeah, the absence of boobs and a Metal-loving skeleton was noticeable. :tongue:

The creation kit makes me want to punch someone in the face. Preferably whoever made the damn thing.

"You can either punch him in the face, or you can shake his hand," - Superwog.

Tell me about it. Today it took me 45 minutes to finish modifying Serana's AI packages and the damn thing crashed as I pressed Save. Then it refused to open Dawnguard.esm and instead crashed, Steam validated the damn thing when I was validating Skyrim cache and replaced my SkyrimEditor.ini with a new one that doesn't have Dawnguard.esm.

After I finally managed to open it and redo the 45 minutes of work I lost, I saved without a crash... and the plugin can't be opened neither in CK nor TES5Edit. So I gotta do it all over again in TES5Edit tomorrow, can't even describe how freakin' annoying that is. I even consider GECK and OCS much better than CK, they are at least more stable. :rolleyes:

I guess I was actually using the creation set, since it was Oblivion. Guh... Four times it's crashed as I've tried to make just two companions. I haven't messed with Skyrim's creation kit in a long time, but I do remember it being a pain too.

I'm done now, I'm giving up on it since I'd rather just wander alone than deal with the crashing but I thought it would be fun to have my brothers' characters with me and crank the difficulty up so it would be somewhat balanced out.

Are you using CM Companions? Because if so, I know your pain.

I'm using Companion Share and Recruit now - it makes it a lot easier to recruit people (anyone who isn't hostile). Also it has that cool function where companions do stuff while following you and you can order them to do things by holding a button and clicking on stuff. I made a plugin for it so the dialogue options are more immersive (which crashed a few times when I was making it) because that was the main thing which stopped me from getting it.

Also I got a Beta for ESO. If anyone else wants one, go to http://www.[Blocked URL: Spamming mod authors with advertising links]/ and do "grab your exclusive ESO key", sign up, get the key, go to www.elderscrollsonline.com, sign up, put in da key, and you'll have beta access. I know this for a fact because the ESO Facebook page is flaunting it. :tongue:

Only problem is that the download is so slow that I won't have it in time. :pinch:

Edited by billyro

"You can either punch him in the face, or you can shake his hand," - Superwog.

Are you using CM Companions? Because if so, I know your pain.

I'm using Companion Share and Recruit now - it makes it a lot easier to recruit people (anyone who isn't hostile). Also it has that cool function where companions do stuff while following you and you can order them to do things by holding a button and clicking on stuff. I made a plugin for it so the dialogue options are more immersive (which crashed a few times when I was making it) because that was the main thing which stopped me from getting it.

I think I'd prefer to punch. :tongue:

And yes that's what I was using. I don't even want the 7 NPCs it adds, I just wanted two. I found out an armor I got for my brothers wasn't working anyway, for some reason the legs of characters were clipping through. The only time the creation set was crashing was when I tried to get the head preview to load. Full body worked, and then I tried to switch to face, and BAM! It crashed.

I just decided to play without any companions.

I still can't get BOSS working, so I don't know if I have any conflicts, etc. in my load order but my game seems to be doing alright. I'm actually running it on pretty high settings too. I even tried an ENB, and amazingly it didn't lower my FPS to .05 :laugh: I even moved about with it on for a while, though I turned bloom (too bright) and DoF (too laggy and distracting) off.

Screenshots always look blurry and pixelated and I swear it doesn't look that bad when I play, maybe I'm used to it.

Screenshot3961.jpgI stopped using that armor even though I do like it. Shortly after this I became a dead charred body (thanks UVIII).

Edit: I also got my beta invite for ESO. I'm not sure if I'll try it again or not.

Edited by K00L

Might I suggest having a look at http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/3066/?

I didn't think I would like it but I actually do. Well, it's a lot more tolerable with the dialogue choices fixed (you can talk to most people and they will have a "Friend..." choice, which is so glaringly obvious that I changed it to just "Friend" without the dots).

Yeah, I've had that in the CS crash a couple of times too. Well, mine crashes if I click on the "face" tab without showing the face preview first. :confused:

ENB is a double edged sword: the drop in FPS grates my brain into scrib jelly and there are a few technical glitches too (ambient occlusion doesn't work in first person - luckily I don't use AO). Your character looks pretty cool, and I like the dead rat in the background. :P

Also why is the beta 20GB? I don't have that kind of internet. :pinch:

I have that kind of Internet, slow as it may be, at least its unlimited.

Also the revolution of Physics is happening in Skyrim

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32282/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D32282%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D924418&pUp=1

Edited by Thor.

Might I suggest having a look at http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/3066/?

I didn't think I would like it but I actually do. Well, it's a lot more tolerable with the dialogue choices fixed (you can talk to most people and they will have a "Friend..." choice, which is so glaringly obvious that I changed it to just "Friend" without the dots).

Yeah, I've had that in the CS crash a couple of times too. Well, mine crashes if I click on the "face" tab without showing the face preview first. :confused:

ENB is a double edged sword: the drop in FPS grates my brain into scrib jelly and there are a few technical glitches too (ambient occlusion doesn't work in first person - luckily I don't use AO). Your character looks pretty cool, and I like the dead rat in the background. :tongue:

Also why is the beta 20GB? I don't have that kind of internet. :pinch:

I'll have to try it some time. I think I'll wait because I'm not sure I could redo everything I did earlier again without going crazy, even though it wasn't really that much.

Yeah, I don't think I'll actually leave ENB installed. I like the overall coloring this one gave, but it still drops my FPS by a bit and I don't really get too much already. I play in third person usually so I didn't have any problem with AO.

Thanks, I was pretty satisfied with how my character turned out. I thought I would like Nuska's overhaul but I just couldn't make a character I was happy with. He actually got stuck looking angry like that after I killed the rat, totally didn't notice it when I decided to take the screenshot. :laugh:

20GB is a lot. I don't remember it being that big but I let mine download overnight last time so I didn't pay much attention. Probably longer than just overnight though since Skyrim and games around that size take around a night to download usually.

I have that kind of Internet, slow as it may be, at least its unlimited.

If I had internet with a bandwidth limit I don't know what I would do. :tongue:

Edited by K00L

If you want, I could give you my version with the edits so you don't have to do it. :)

I'm still tweaking my ENB. When it's disabled, I get 60 frames, but enabled, I get about 45-ish and it annoys me. I had the perfect set-up at one stage (without an ENB) and it looked really nice and rendered great, but then Oblivion auto-detected the settings and screwed everything up. This game is so rebellious!

This house only gets 100GB a month, so this beta is 1/5 of the month's download... for a one hour playing session. :dry: And so far it has been about an hour and a half, and it's at 4%. FDSOIHDOISAHDOIHAS!!!

Also I finished making the first weapon, but I don't really like it so I'll probably scrap it. There are a few problems with the face behind the cross-guard diamond (it's supposed to be flat, but it looks like a shield) which annoys me. I might be able to use that to my advantage, though: this weapon was supposed to be Clanbringer, so if I make a coat of arms thing on the shield, it could symbolise unity.

http://puu.sh/6MMJa.jpghttp://puu.sh/6MMOf.jpg

The reflections don't look good in-game, sadly.