The last poster wins

TheCalliton

And here's the original, Unreal Tournament 3. Most games of the PS3/Xbox 360 era have some amount of this game in their "DNA" as it's graphics engine was one of the most widely used of that generation. The games themselves look pretty similar on face value, but where Huxley gets bogged down with an aweful pay-2-win MMO sideshow, Unreal keeps things simple and bloody; UT3 was a throwback to older shooters, and is still quite popular seven years later, owing to a huge modding community, robust SDK and hugely adaptable and moddable engine.

http://megagames.com/sites/default/files/game-content-images/ut3_screen25.jpg

(and one of the most OP satisfying vehicles ever to appear in a video game; the 2000 ton Leviathan uber-tank. Because firing off nukes on a battlefield is fun.)

Hear, hear!

Still play UT3 at least once a week. If only for practice. One of the very best multiplayer-oriented FPS games I've ever played. (though Quake 2 & 3 were pretty good too)

Hear, hear!

Still play UT3 at least once a week. If only for practice. One of the very best multiplayer-oriented FPS games I've ever played. (though Quake 2 & 3 were pretty good too)

Rumours abound of an upcoming fourth Unreal game; the Unreal 4 engine launched last year to considerable fanfare and Epic stated they'd be making several games on it. Whether or not this means UT4, I don't know but there aren't many games I'd buy purely on principle but it would be one of them. I'm yet to see an Unreal game that I didn't like.

Edited by Vindekarr

Yeah, I heard that too. Wouldn't mind seeing an UT4, but I rather doubt they'd even be able to get close to what made UT3 so incredibly successful. Kinda like how Quake 4 paled in comparison to Quake 2.

Would also still buy it just on principle.

Lol, speaking of which, I remember my classmates and myself installing a copy of Quake 2 on every single computer we could get access to* in high school so we could play everywhere we wanted, whenever we wanted.

*They used Novell software to login, which was child's play to get around back then.

I've never played any Unreal game. I thought I had one in my Steam library but I don't think I actually do.
I have played Quake though. Actually I've played most of id Software's games. Except the newer ones (Doom 3 I never beat, same thing with RAGE, and I've never played Quake 4).

I just watched The Family. It was pretty good. Funny too. Especially if you like seeing Robert De Niro put a hot coal into someone's mouth who laughed at him. :tongue:

I've been playing ESO for about an hour, now. I won't reveal anything new since I'm bound not to, but I can say that it's pretty fun.

First off, the game runs like crap on my laptop. I had to have the settings on pretty much the absolute lowest for it to be 60 frames, and other games I own look nicer and run better (even Skyrim runs at 60 frames on high with this laptop). I forgot to set the game to use my Nvidia card (I thought it would do it automatically, but apparently not) and now the game look waaaaay better than Skyrim and loads great, too. Seriously, this is such a step up.

The character creator is a lot better than Skyrim's, and I had no trouble making a cool looking Dark Elf. You have about the same amount of face options as Skyrim, except with more hairstyles, less ugly normal maps, and body options.

The lag when I was playing was insufferable: I don't know if this is just because it's beta or because I have pretty bad internet, but I could barely attack enemies towards the end of my session. I also got timed out at one stage, but luckily I was able to get straight back in.

The game feels like Guild Wars 2 in the gameplay department, but a little bit better. The inclusion of first-person is great (except that you can't adjust FOV, so playing in first-person is difficult at the moment).

The music is really great, and it swelled my heart to hear Morrowind music. :happy:

So far, I'd say it's pretty good. I don't think I'd be willing to pay $60 + $15 a month subscription for it though.

They've taken the servers down for the moment for some maintenance, but I'll be back on once that's done. :smile:

Edited by billyro

I may have to get me one of those Windows 7 ready HD receivers, the thing is with my pioneer its showing its age, 3 years old. Connections getting dusty. Sometimes won't handshake properly, i had to vacuum it out several times, still the same issue. Its like my tv, its going on 6 years old and the hdmi cable is the first thing that goes on a HD tv, the connections get loose after long use.

Edited by Thor.

I just watched The Family. It was pretty good. Funny too. Especially if you like seeing Robert De Niro put a hot coal into someone's mouth who laughed at him. :tongue:

The funniest thing I've watched recently was Django Unchained. It's not a comedy; the core premise of the film is very dark indeed, but it's this that makes it so funny. The humor usually hits you from out of nowhere, and the dark themes surrounding it just serve to give it more impact. It's beautifully done; normally adding humor to a dark, bloody film like this would ruin it, but somehow Django pulls it off perfectly.

This is one of the best scenes, BE WARNED, IT CONTAINS EXTREME AMOUNTS OF SWEARING.