The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I just found my new reference for sword designs. These swords are just... perfect. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17250/?

I'm going to download that when I get home and see just how this was accomplished, because that's the quality I strive to create.

When you're creating something it also helps to have a strong point of reference. In Victory, you make your own race cars. Despite my experience and huge knowledge base, my first few cars were really unsuccessful. I was able to correct this by studying actual historic racing cars, and now mine are some of the most dominant designs in that game-I'm in the world top 50.

Good luck with that, what you've been so far has already been impressive.

Thanks, Vindekarr. :smile:

I have about 5 really nice images stored which I frequently reference for shape and colour - they have helped me improve immensely.

I've been obsessive about medieval weaponry since I was a kid, and pretty much every school book from about grade 4 onwards have been practically decorated with random swords I've drawn. I think I've got sword proportions pretty good (except for the grip length... I always make it too long for some reason) so I just draw up a little design before modelling and texturing them.

I'd upload a photo of one of my drawing pages with about 25 swords drawn on it, but I can't find it and I don't have a camera at the moment. :pinch:

Reminds me of my interest in cars. Started young, developed into an obsession, and eventually turned it into a career. I don't really like the word obsession though, it's got some negative connotations that I don't think are really valid anymore. If you're really into something, you should just embrace that; calling it an obsession applies negative connotations that I don't think really apply. You could describe my interest in cars as obsessive, but that would ignore the fact I've got dozens of other interests, many of which as are just as strong, like music, history and literature.

20 March 2014, 09:17

Aberystwyth University has offered you an unconditional place for Internet Computing and Systems Administration (inc ind & prof training).

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/641/298/448.jpg

Edited by Iv000

Huge congrats! that's fantastic Iv000.

I had a pretty horrible encounter tonight in a free game called Victory. An Indian guy went completely toxic crazy wild spastic after I beat him, and created four threads on Steam screaming and swearing about me, accusing me of everything from racism, to hacking, to using a Trainer, to harrassing him for weeks. He also supposedly filed several false reports to Steam.

Edited by Vindekarr

Nice work, Ivan. :thumbsup:

- SNIP -

Reminds me of my interest in cars. Started young, developed into an obsession, and eventually turned it into a career. I don't really like the word obsession though, it's got some negative connotations that I don't think are really valid anymore. If you're really into something, you should just embrace that; calling it an obsession applies negative connotations that I don't think really apply. You could describe my interest in cars as obsessive, but that would ignore the fact I've got dozens of other interests, many of which as are just as strong, like music, history and literature.

Passion, then. That's a more suitable word, I think. :)

And yeah, some people are just wacko.

I don't know if anyone's interested, but Google reminded me that Ayrton Senna would have turned 54 today, along with the 20th anniversary of his death. I doubt it's of interest to anyone, but I did feel compelled to mark it.

He was my hero as a child. I inherit my passion for cars from my parents, and Formula 1 was always the family sport. This would have been early '90s, and Formula 1 was in an incredible era. I would describe it as a house of cards; it was incredibly successful, with huge popularity and sponsorship. The cars were at their absolute zenith, and everything on the surface suggested a golden age. Unfortunately, this came at the cost of safety; the cars were built for pure speed and spectacle, no matter what that cost the driver. Inevitably something horrible was going to happen, and I think that just added to the drama.

Among all this you had Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost, who were two of the most gifted racing drivers who ever lived. They were both immensely skilled, but their temperaments were polar opposites. They certainly didn't get along, and this eventually blew out into a very dangerous rivalry. The FIA was delighted of course; either you were a Prost or Senna fan, and the tribalism just increased the sport's profile. I was the latter; Senna was what I everything I aspired to be: intelligent, honest, and somewhat humble. He was also the best living racing driver in the world at the time.

And then like any house of cards, F1 collapsed. At Imola(ironically one of my favourite tracks) in 1994 the inevitable tragedy happened; three horrific accidents in one weekend claimed the lives of both Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzemberger, and left Rubens Barrichello badly injured. I still remember seeing it; that weekend changed everything for the sport, and a lot of fans. As it happened F1 only barely survived, and needed more than a decade to recover.

The one thing we do have to be thankful for, is that following Senna's death, the FIA(motoring governing body) appointing his close friend Sid Watkins to try and find out just what had gone wrong. The result was a safety initiative that spread from Formula 1 all the way down to modern civilian cars. Since 1994 no F1 driver has died as a result of an accident, and since 2012 the worst injury has been a single mild concussion. The tech which was created can be found in any car today.

20 March 2014, 09:17

Aberystwyth University has offered you an unconditional place for Internet Computing and Systems Administration (inc ind & prof training).

Congratulations! Now you have the privilege of running far, far away, a privilege which makes me jealous.

And on a much grimmer note, I hate my family...

Well, today was supposed to be a nice day, my wife didn't have to go anywhere and we decided we should just drive around with a bike and catch a movie in a downtown theater afterwards like we did back when we were dating, it's been a while since we last did that. Unfortunately, our plans went to s**t the very same morning when I ended up breaking my brother's arm and a few of his ribs. He's actually lucky he behaved after that so I didn't break anything else. And yeah, I had a very good reason for that.

You see, I'm the kind of guy that can tolerate all sorts of people that do all sorts of stuff, but racists and guys who disrespect women are two kinds of people I despise and don't want anywhere near me. My brother, well, he's both, and he decided to demonstrate his medieval behavior by first yelling at my wife and then he physically attacked her. When he pushed her and raised his hand to hit her I just snapped, and I swear to god if he were to indeed hit her, I would've killed him without a second thought.

The things he said to her are... disgusting, to say the least. He started yelling how "she shouldn't talk like this to a man unless she wants a beating" and how "he won't be ordered around by a filthy immigrant" among other things, I really don't want to write the rest and I wish I could forget all of it actually. She only told him that he should knock cause he can't just barge into our house like he owns it, nothing even remotely aggressive enough to cause that kind of response.

And after all that, I get yelled at by some of my own damn family members for hurting him cause he's family. Well what the hell was I supposed to do then, just stand there and do nothing cause he's my brother? To let him yell at my wife, or insult her, or even worse, hit her, in my own damn house? Stupid son of a b***h got what he deserved, and I don't regret what I did one bit, I actually enjoyed it.

Rewinding back a year, this kind of behavior is why I severed all contacts with a large portion of my family back then, they all act like cavemen. They treat women like garbage, those who are not born in here get the same treatment, and god forbid if a person has different skin color, then they get openly insulted. That kind of behavior is something I can't stand, it's revolting and disgusting, and there are a lot of idiots around here that act exactly the same. It's like a pile of morons thrown into a bunch.

I wish I could continue ranting and say what I think of all of them but I'm tired, my head hurts badly and I really feel like crap. Now I just want to have a beer and go to sleep.

Edited by Werne