The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Congratulations! Now you have the privilege of running far, far away, a privilege which makes me jealous.

Thank you!

I worked hard for that privilege :D I barely missed the Scholarship tests, I made my boyfriend angry because I planned everything out far too late (a week before the actual tests which had to be held in Wales), I didn't study too much for them (German and Computer Science) so I played mostly on luck and knowledge that I got in my free time.

I got the scholarship in the end, somehow. I'm either clever or someone over there was very merciful.

Either way I'm happy. The matura means nothing now :D FREEDOM

CONGRATULATIONS to lv000,

Thank you too ^^

So, new Assassin's Creed game. AC: Unity, is what it's called.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/SQng7EkJHOI (for some reason it won't let me embed - don't worry, it's not a rickroll)

Apparently it's going to be released this year, though I don't know what "Holiday 2014" means. I wish they would say what season it was - that way I can tell when it will be released in the southern hemisphere because it's the opposite. Holiday 2014 tells me nothing.

But, I'm going to wait before considering to get that game.

Edited by billyro

Directx 12 is coming next year, will mimic mantle, 80% speed boost to any nvidia based pc, and a 50$ speed boost to the latest cards like the 700 series and 600 series cards.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/178904-directx-12-detailed-backwards-compatible-with-all-recent-nvidia-gpus-will-deliver-mantle-like-capabilities

Competition is a good thing.

Works with any directx 11 nvidia based cards, backwards compatible.

Edited by Thor.

My youngest brother has destroyed approximately $400 worth of Xbox controllers.

He broke eight, two of which were mine. And he didn't have to buy me new ones, I had to.

Actually holy s***. Nine. I forgot his glowing one.

He doesn't like losing.

Get him Dark Souls, my Gravelord Servant buddies and I will give him a cold, clammy welcome. And be sure to videotape it for my cruel amusement.

(demon)Eye see you!

http://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/games/a68ce9/trophies/15L9c7329.png

Just to explain to those who haven't played it, Dark Souls is a Japanese RPG game. it's brilliantly made, but obscenely difficult. One of the problems you face are Gravelord Servants like me, who are endgame PVPers that can invade your PVE game and kill you, without actually exposing ourselves to your retaliation. We're basically paid professional griefmonkeys.

by the sounds of it DX12 might boycott mantle, and amd cards, considering the fierce rivalry between the two companies. I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Gravelord covenant is so much fun. :devil:

And he's tried Dark Souls, that may actually be the cause of one of those broken controllers. Though I'm not sure. He had me guiding him (and beating two or three bosses for him) because he kept throwing fits.

Edit: Chucklefish's forums fixed their smilies and added new ones... Like this:
http://playstarbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ejQLhsj.gif

Edited by K00L

Tries my best to ovoid weird side of youtube, fascinating stuff. I was bored so i clicked random stuff. Amazing what comes up when you are not looking for anything particular.

They say its almost a perfect cut. Unexplained... But you can use your imagination.

Edited by Thor.

Directx 12 is coming next year, will mimic mantle, 80% speed boost to any nvidia based pc, and a 50$ speed boost to the latest cards like the 700 series and 600 series cards.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/178904-directx-12-detailed-backwards-compatible-with-all-recent-nvidia-gpus-will-deliver-mantle-like-capabilities

Competition is a good thing.

Works with any directx 11 nvidia based cards, backwards compatible.

by the sounds of it DX12 might boycott mantle, and amd cards, considering the fierce rivalry between the two companies. I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

First - if DirectX was not to support Nvidia cards, that would be a problem. Second - DX 12 doesn't "mimic Mantle", it fixes crap that needs fixing since the first multi-core processor appeared on the market, AMD just pushed MS to do it with Mantle. Third - AMD and Microsoft are not rivals, you're talking things you know absolutely nothing about, if you think because of Mantle, well, Mantle was a tool, not a goal. Fourth - Mantle is an API that runs as overlay on DirectX in order to boost multithreading capabilities and reduce overhead on CPUs, it's not a standalone API and depends directly on DX for now.

And finally, DX sucks - DirectX 12 will be exclusive to Windows 8/8.1, maybe Win9, seeing as how Microsoft is avoiding saying anything concrete about 7 (and they have to sell new Windows to make money). Also, it'll come next year, OpenGL is already here and already more efficient, Nvidia says so, yet no one cares about poor OpenGL cause it isn't made by Microsoft. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Well, according to my tests, upping chipset frequencies on AM3+ boards results in a performance boost, 970 gains a bit and I'm guessing a 990 one should gain more since it's a more easily tweakable chipset. I upped the Northbridge to 2475MHz (x11 multi) and HyperTransport Link to 2925MHz (x13 multi) with a 225MHz base clock, which gave me 1.03% performance improvement in CPU and memory intensive tasks (Intel Burn Test and Cinebench confirm this), and 0.72% improvement in GPU-intensive tasks (Unigine Valley confirms this). In games, the average and maximum framerates didn't improve much, but the minimals seem to be above the usual by a fairly decent margin. While the overall difference is small, it's definitely there and it's noticeable.

It seems that an increase in frequency on the chipsets decreases the latency in PCI-E <=> NB <=> CPU <=> RAM communication, while at the same time increasing the bandwidth between those components. Not sure if I'm right, and I can't say I care much about am I right or not, so who cares - it's free performance! :D

EDIT2: Rain just started and it's gonna rain all weekend. Damn it, I had plans for a barbecue in my back yard tomorrow. :dry:

Edited by Werne