The last poster wins

TheCalliton

The Nexus still wasn't patched, so literally everyone's passwords on here are vulnerable and have been vulnerable since 2011.

The Nexus doesn't need to be patched. Not sure if everyone here has access to the Mod Author forums section. For those who do: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1589989-heartbleed-bug-any-concerns/

For those who don't:

Doesn't matter found out myself the site only supports older protocols :

Use "Test your server" here https://www.ssllabs.com/

Enter forums.nexusmods.com

http://i.imgur.com/TGkbAfc.png

Post by Dark0ne on the matter:

We only use SSL for the payment gateway for buying Premium, and even then, it's not vulnerable to the Heartbleed vulnerability.

Right then, I'm glad that's sorted out.

I have never had to do a stupider assignment in my whole life. I'm considering just handing it in half-arsed and failing because I honestly don't give a s*** about it any more.

EDIT: Well, it seems that a tight deadline is a good motivator. I finished it and handed it in, even though I still hate its guts. :P

Edited by billyro

i just changed every password i could think of, i think... I wonder if psn would suffer from that heartbeat bug. Scary thought.

Also yay the way its mean't to be played...

One thing in games that annoys me the most is texture pop ins, hoping they mastered by eliminating it in this game, looks like it has by the gameplay footage.

Finally pc's are being pushed for greater visual quality, its about time we had some proper optimization. Go pc.

Edited by Thor.

Spec Minimum Spec Recommended Spec Ultra Spec GPU DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM (e.g. NVidia GTX 460, AMD Radeon HD 5770) DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM (e.g. NVidia GTX 560 ti, AMD Radeon HD 7850) Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more (e.g. Nvidia GTX 670, AMD Radeon HD 7970) CPU Quad core Intel or AMD (e.g. Intel Core2 Quad Q6600, AMD Phenom X4 9750) Four core Intel or Eight core AMD (e.g. Intel Core i7-3770, AMD FX-8350) Latest Six core Intel or Eight core AMD (e.g. Intel Core i7-3930K, AMD FX-9370) RAM 4GB 8GB 8GB or more

I meet all above recommended specs.
Anything below that would be a no go, even Werne would have trouble playing this game with a 7800.
-----------------
Benchmarks
http://oi60.tinypic.com/9vh8cp.jpg
I had fraps on to, csaa maxed out, i prefer it over supersamplng, removes more jagging that way.
Edited by Thor.

...even Werne would have trouble playing this game with a 7800...

It's a 7770, thats 7700 seies not 7800. Thinking of selling it and go for a used MSI 660 OC or a 270X, those should overclock better than my lemon (have GPU voltage control), and outperform it by quite a bit even on stock.

And which game are you talking about?

I believe he was talking about Watch Dogs, but then put in a picture of a different game...

Anyway, since I've finished off all my assignments (for a few weeks) I decided to get back to doing what I enjoy.

So, here's my (Oblivion) Daedric Longsword replacer (WIP).

I don't think I'll be able to ever replicate this again (not with my texturing method, anyway), so a full Daedric weapons replacer is out of the question. Not to mention that my brain probably could have exploded when making the normal map.

http://puu.sh/84scH.jpg

http://puu.sh/84sh2.jpg

What I might do instead, is create all the meshes and UV map them, then release the models as a modders resource and see if anyone else makes some textures for them. What can I say? I'm lazy.

Edited by billyro

meat all above recommended specs.

Really? What kind of meat? :teehee:

But seriously, it's not all that hard to meet the above spec requirements.

The game itself looks pretty nice though. Watched some gameplay footage of it last year and was genuinely impressed.

Edited by BlackRampage

I had a very rewarding gaming experience today.

One thing game designers really struggle with, is Formula 1 racing. The problem is, because F1 cars are so fast they're beyond many gamer's ability to control. This gives developers a choice: most dumb-down the cars, slowing time and reducing their power to make them more accessible. Assetto Corsa breaks that trend, and rather bravely portrays them at full real-world speed. Which is scary, I can tell you.

When you first get in, you're met with a catch-22. For the car to function properly, it has to be driven quite fast. All it's systems(brakes, steering, engine) are reliant on being driven hard, and if you crawl along they will eventually fail due to overheating. And yet you're terrified of even touching the throttle, because every movement of the car is so sharp, so rapid, and so physically violent. It may only be a game, but the graphics and force-feedback are so realistic that you do feel a degree of fear. The same sort you get near a big cliff or during an invasion in Dark Souls.

The driving itself, once you do start driving the car hard, is nothing short of spectacular. Corners come up with blinding speed, and you only get the briefest moment to regroup before you're in the middle of the next one. The car's shear performance is staggering; I had a G-force readout on my dash, and it peaked out at 3G a few times per lap. It show actually show higher than 3G, and I've been told the car's capable of up to 7G if you can find the right corner and hold your lunch. To put that in perspective, Astronauts were subjected to 8.8G during a space-shuttle launch.

Edited by Vindekarr

I believe he was talking about Watch Dogs, but then put in a picture of a different game...

If so, he missed the specs by a mile, Watch Dogs requires a GTX 560 Ti/Radeon 7850 for ultra and an 3770K/8350, not 3930K/9370 and 670/7970.