The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I had a medical emergency last night, and I don't think I'll ever taste anything ever again.

I had a very blocked nose, and decided to take a lozenge to clear it. Well it cleared my nose, but I think it's also done permanent damage to my tastebuds. I have literally never tasted anything fouler in my life, nor anything even half as bad. The taste was so horrendous that I involuntarily spat it out yelling "god f***in' dammit motherf***er!" which woke up my lady friend. And I don't swear very often at all.

The actual flavour? the most intense peppermint you can imagine, like toothpaste but a trillion times more intense and less pleasant. There's a savagely biting aftertaste as well, a bit like you get from tequila. It takes a helluva lot to get it off your tongue, too.

Avoid blue Strepsils, people. They're mean, they're dangerous, they can and will hurt you.

http://ballymoreshoponline.stormwebhost.com/prodimages/Strepsils%20-%20Sore%20Throat%20&%20Blocked%20Nose%20_small.JPG

Words cannot convey the shear misery contained in each lozenge.

I like fisherman friend, Halls. Both work good. I bet nothing is as potent as Fisherman friend, that stuff is strong, but works.

Edited by Thor.

I had a medical emergency last night, and I don't think I'll ever taste anything ever again.

I had a very blocked nose, and decided to take a lozenge to clear it. Well it cleared my nose, but I think it's also done permanent damage to my tastebuds. I have literally never tasted anything fouler in my life, nor anything even half as bad. The taste was so horrendous that I involuntarily spat it out yelling "god f***in' dammit motherf***er!" which woke up my lady friend. And I don't swear very often at all.

The actual flavour? the most intense peppermint you can imagine, like toothpaste but a trillion times more intense and less pleasant. There's a savagely biting aftertaste as well, a bit like you get from tequila. It takes a helluva lot to get it off your tongue, too.

Avoid blue Strepsils, people. They're mean, they're dangerous, they can and will hurt you.

http://ballymoreshoponline.stormwebhost.com/prodimages/Strepsils%20-%20Sore%20Throat%20&%20Blocked%20Nose%20_small.JPG

Words cannot convey the shear misery contained in each lozenge.

So basically this was your face

axNnmLM_700b.jpg

Don't take silly pills for blocked noses. Just brew up some water/tea (Chamomile) and inhale the steam for a while.

That will clear your nose and your sinuses will thank you as well.

Also get tiger balm, tiger balm helps with everything.

I haven't heard of Tiger Balm, but we have something functionally identical in Australia called Vicks. My guess would be they're largely the same, just with a different active ingredient. The thing I like about Vicks, is that it's made from Eucalyptus tree extract, which not only clears your nose, but also smells beautiful. Most trees in Australia are Eucalypts(Gum Trees) and their leaves have a very unique smell when crushed; it's a very nice smell.

Gum trees are pretty useful; they liberally shed boughs and branches(source of wood) are borderline unkillable(naturally fireproof), their leaves have mild medicinal properties(soap among other things), they're effective for shade, and they smell lovely. There's an absolutely immense(25+ metre) White Gum on the corner near my house.

I haven't heard of Tiger Balm, but we have something functionally identical in Australia called Vicks. My guess would be they're largely the same, just with a different active ingredient. The thing I like about Vicks, is that it's made from Eucalyptus tree extract, which not only clears your nose, but also smells beautiful. Most trees in Australia are Eucalypts(Gum Trees) and their leaves have a very unique smell when crushed; it's a very nice smell.

Gum trees are pretty useful; they liberally shed boughs and branches(source of wood) are borderline unkillable(naturally fireproof), their leaves have mild medicinal properties(soap among other things), they're effective for shade, and they smell lovely. There's an absolutely immense(25+ metre) White Gum on the corner near my house.

Yes, I heard of Vicks. Tiger Balm is similar but it's a bit stronger I think and it can also be used as a pain relief.

And I searched for eucalyptus and apparently Croatia has the biggest eucalyptus farm in Europe, I didn't know that. I've never seen the actual tree itself IRL, I'm curious now.

That makes sense, some parts of Croatia would have a similar climate, and Eucalypts are nearly indestructible(I'm not kidding).

As for the farm, I suspect they're growing Australian Ironbark trees, a tree that's farmed across Australia for timber. Ironbarks are highly prized for their wood, which is absolutely ideal for furniture, boatmaking, and house flooring. Ironwood is fragrant, very strong, and has a beautiful coppery colour to it. It's used extensively in Australian furniture, and lasts for centuries. It's also got an innate resistance to rotting, which makes it ideal for boat hulls, despite it's considerable weight.

http://ironbarktrees.com.au/images/homepage.jpg http://www.flooring.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/advantages-of-buying-an-australian-hardwood-floor-300x225.jpg

An Ironbark tree, and a sample of the wood it produces. Ironwood polishes to a very high gloss, and has a beautiful flame-orange colour. Unsurprisingly it's very popular for furniture.

Edited by Vindekarr

OMG, this thread moved down to fourth in the Forum Games sub-forum. This is unacceptable. :P

Anyway, today I discovered perhaps the best ENB config for Skyrim (with regards to my crummy laptop). It is the new Gameplay Performance ENB (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53100/?) and it really is an ENB intended for gameplay. Normally with an ENB, I get about 15 frames per second on Skyrim (funnily, both Fallout NV and Oblivion run at 50fps+), but with this new ENB config, I got a stable 30 frames! That, I thought, was impossible (with this darn laptop, anyway).

Here's a screenshot I took.

http://puu.sh/8dDH9.jpg

And no, I didn't just turn the depth of field on for this screenshot. Although admittedly, I may have to move the camera over a bit when in third-person so the DoF doesn't interfere as much.

So ya: me happy now.

I get Easter weekend off, yay....

Also that lens effect has water marks on it, enb if you look closely it almost resembles hello kitty lol.

Edited by Thor.