The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I hate dof, thats one feature you could turn off. Adaptation is another ugly effect.

I don't really like it either, but I'm keeping it on because the performance difference between on and off is negligible and it makes me feel like I have a better laptop. :tongue:

It would be cool if there was a feature to turn DoF on for first person and off for third person, though. Or maybe when you're talking to someone (I'm using that Face to Face Conversation mod), and off for the rest of the time.

EDIT: Hahaha, some people are contemplating if Fallout 4 will be an MMO or not. Of course it won't be! Bethesda aren't stupid: they know that the biggest reason for their success is modding capabilities - without modding, Bethesda would be nowhere near where they are today. Therefore, Fallout 4 won't be an MMO, because modding is what makes Bethesda's games so special.

I won't be surprised if in a few years, there is a Fallout MMO, but it will be a separate game and Fallout 4 will be single-player.

EDIT 2: By the Nine Divines...

I want to help out with this project now. I don't think I'm good enough to do that quality of modelling or texturing, but perhaps I could do some voice acting or something (I don't know but I do want to do at least one thing). Oh man... this is so good.

Edited by billyro

To keep the voice acting lore friendly, it has to be partially computer generated human neutral american voice... lol

One thing that seem to bother me is the lack of emotion in voice acting, Oblivion was a good example,

Edited by Thor.

Depth of Field and godrays get really annoying on occasion, especially in FPS games. Trying to shoot things, go away sun. The first Borderlands was really bad about this, especially with high-powered scopes.

To keep the voice acting lore friendly, it has to be partially computer generated human neutral american voice... lol

One thing that seem to bother me is the lack of emotion in voice acting, Oblivion was a good example,

Oblivion had pretty good voice acting - the problem was that the same voices were shared so much. If there were many more voice actors, it would have been a lot better because you wouldn't hear the same ones so much.

And you don't have to be American to be a voice actor. That would be stupid if it were true.

They are experimenting with Dragonborn DLC for Skywind. Now that's a game changer.

Wasn't that to be expected? The Dragonborn DLC has heaps of assets that would be easily implemented into Skywind. The TESR team wouldn't recreate assets from Morrowind if they could just get them from the Dragonborn DLC.

True at that.

Also my brother bought a Samsung 40 inch tv, with some of the best dang upscaling i have ever seen on a LED... I tested composite on that thing and i was surprised, tested the gamecube on it. I now have better respect for samsung. Though a friend of mine might hate me for that lol.

he bought it dirt cheap to.

Edited by Thor.

Next Car Game is down to 20 dollars. Not sure if I can resist buying it for much longer...

I've been playing it, it strikes me as a game you'd really enjoy. According to the dev I spoke to, it'll get a career mode in the not-distant future, and you'll basically be buying scrap-heap cars and then customising them(realistically) into race-ready monsters. Currently there's the groundwork for that already, with basic motor swaps and chassis tuning.

It's also very Scrapheap Challenge; you won't see any KERS or DRS systems here, an engine upgrade consists of simply fitting a less-broken one, or one that's from a much bigger car. Particular fun is putting a Lancer EVO engine in the Runt(VW/Fiat 500 hybrid) which gives it 220 horsepower in a 690 kilogram RWD and mid-engined frame.

The game itself is sublime. It's got the second-most realistic physics of any car-game on Steam and an epic damage engine. There was also a two gigabyte patch yesterday that added four tracks and huge physics improvements.

Go for it; it's only an Alpha at this stage, but it's already deeply enjoyable and you can see it's going to be awesome.

EDIT: The actual cars are really fun, too. They aren't gleaming $2,000,000 British, German and Italian exotica, they're $200 scrapheap jewels. Right now we've got the Detroit which is a mixture of Firebird and GTO styling cues, and the Sedan, which is a late '80s Crown Victoria with a big-block chev engine swap. Finally there's the Midget or Runt, my favourite. It draws from Saab, Beetle and Trabant DNA. It's a puny little thing, but you can stuff a massively powerful engine in it, and it's RWD.

Edited by Vindekarr