The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Some people leave small white soapstone signs quite a ways before bosses, so if you're having trouble with a certain area keep an eye out for any, on the PS3 there are quite a few. Of course, I don't know whether that's true on the PC (I'd assume there would be even more summons around since it just released, but hey, you never know).
On the topic of being agile and running away, be careful if you lock onto enemies, it can make escaping (and on some enemies, dodging attacks) very difficult. At the same time, it's usually very helpful.

After 43 hours of game time, I was finally invaded. A real, red phantom invasion. It was wonderful. He beat me to death with his fists but it was great. Except the lag, which I'm beginning to think is some kind of problem on the server side of the game rather than players, though I did duel a guy who hit me when I wasn't close and was named "DeathByLag"
I've been invading guilty people and quite a few just disconnect when they are close to dying or even as soon as I invade. The worst part is that you don't get rewarded for defeating them, AND you'll lose the orb you used. The players will be banned from summoning and invading/being summoned, but they can just use a Bone of Order to restore connection after being banned. The worst part is they supposedly can get more.
PvP just seems very empty because of that, and because of the fact that I have to sit and push square ten times before I can even find someone who's invaded enough to be a sinner. Also the fact that 43 hours is a long time to wait to be invaded once. I don't think they've given enough of a reward for PvP in this one, obviously there's some reason people don't want to do it.

Edited by K00L

Just wrote 3,000 words for a potential story that has been brewing in my head. I didn't even write it properly - just a brief outline of the events and characters and stuff. It's not even done, either... probably only about halfway.

If I ever start to write it, it'll be bloody huge.

I had that happen to me several times where a dream was so epic that i could write it down on paper. One even had a title to, right down to the sub plot.

42 hours of no sleep would do that to ya lol.

Edited by Thor.

My head hurts from Dark Souls 2.

Seriously I like the game and all but it's stressing me a lot. My brain doesnt like being used it seems :P

I got past the thingy. The last giant thingy, he's dead now. And I've got to the dragonslayer guy in the big castle, he killed me in about 10 seconds, and then I gave up because those damn giant knights everywhere are annoying.

I've been playing for a long time, I'm not sure how long but long long. I like the game a lot more than the first DS because I actually feel like I made a tiny bit of progress.

ps4 is finally getting a media player, once ps2 emulation comes out, it'll be complete.

those trophies beside icons seem suspicious, media trophy support???

Edited by Thor.

Somehow I almost didn't realize it's my birthday next week.

The trophies that say "Octodad Dadliest Catch" right beside them? I didn't see any trophy things that don't look like they have anything to do with media.

Edited by K00L

For some reason my character's face in DS2 turned black.

His body is white but his face is black, and he's not hollow. Ok then.

In other news, tomorrow I have an exam, the next day I have an exam, I have more exams the following week, and then the biggest f*#@ing exams in croatian history in a few weeks, and I'm sitting here and playing Dark Souls 2.

I should go study