The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I wish I could set up a Thor jar. That way every time Thor either brags about his system or mentions Borderlands 2 we all place a penny in the jar. We'd soon have enough money to buy... something. Probably a lot of something.

Edited by Vindekarr

I tried using Google Translate to join in a conversation in italian on the Assetto Corsa forum today. I'm 99% sure the translation was accurate, but 1% of me is terrified that I've ever said something terribly offensive or irredeemably idiotic.

That 1% has two possible versions of what I said one offensive and one completely random: "The fastest ride in town? it's not a car it's <player's name>" and "there are prawns on my head"(sorry, it was the most random thing I could come up with)

Where is everybody???

Hey get this, called in to order internet service for the new place, found out we have fiber and can go as fast as we want. They offered a 50mbit download, 5 up speeds. for 40$ unlimited a month. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I guess my ranting and raving at how poor our service was they gave us a discount. I warned them if they pull a fast one i wouldn't hesitate to switch. I gave them a small chance, but only a chance. They caught me in a bad mood to be offering me services lol, i was switching it over to the new place, always trying to keep the pressure on. Next time won't work.

Edited by Thor.

Okay the way the estimate the speed of a 50mbit download speed would be like, it would be like downloading a 4gb file under 2 minutes. Maybe under a minute.

Stuck with 700kbps for the longest time, it would be like a OMG its sooo fast moment. :woot: Never experienced it.

having fun with download calculator lol

http://www.numion.com/calculators/time.html

judging by the calculator i could download a 20gb file under a hour.

actually its a 10mbit upload speed. Not bad, but again if they screw me around again...

The actual price of the package was 90$, they dropped it by 50$. They knew i could get it cheaper elsewhere.

I'm gonna need a bigger HD, so many steam games to catch up on.

Edited by Thor.

Dark Souls 2 has been getting very, very interesting. It essentially has no rules or structure: it's a true sandbox and watching how players react to this and form a community has been very interesting, with two main groups appearing very early on.

So the first group are the vocal ones, they're most Dark Souls 1 veterans. In the original Dark Souls there was a strict Honour Code, and these guys exemplify it. They literally bow before combat(that's required) refuse to use healing items(if you're going to die, you've lost anyway) and play extremely fair. They even "double-stack" when two invade a single player; the first invader duels first, and if they die the second invader allows the "host" to heal before duelling separately.

The second group are the less vocal, probably the silent majority. They're mostly newer players, who either reject the Honour Code, or who follow their own moral compass. They're usually much dirtier fighters; healing, ranged attacks and groin-kicks are the norm, with few if anything weapons held back. There's no double-stacking; a 2V1 invasion is another word for a gank. Ironically this may be the fairer way to fight; it's closer to the original game's rules.

So there you go; Dark Souls is a bit like feudal Japan. You've got your honourable warriors, and your down-and-dirty scrappers. It's been very interesting watching how people form their own "society" in a new game world without rules, and it's nowhere near established yet.

There's also lot's of liars. At least on the PS3. The funny thing is that lot's of people rate the messages that lie, I've seen one (these kinds are all over, at every wall) message falsely claiming there was an illusory wall with a rating over 600.

If I invade people, or if I'm invaded (which has only happened twice, not counting gray phantoms), I always try to use one of the gestures. Doesn't always work that way since I invade people who invade other people and most of the ones I've fought try to run and hide, disconnect, or immediately charge at me. Some bow, or just use a mean gesture.
I haven't had anyone not try to heal though. When I'm summoned as a blue phantom, I don't hesitate to beat the crap out of the invader to save the host.

The other day I begged for mercy (jokingly) when I was invaded by someone who turned into a rock and slide around. That was fun, the guy never attacked me so I just let him slide all over while I was busy killing enemies. I got distracted watching him at one point and didn't realize there was an enemy behind me so I ended up dying.

PvP in the game is a lot of fun, I just wish more people would do it. I also hope I'll be able to eventually adjust for the odd range weapons have in PvP.

Edited by K00L

psn is a mature community in my opinion, unlike xbone live where 90% of the population is children under 12 screaming like babies.

Even when you get children online, they are polite at least. I haven't had any issues on minecraft when it comes to that, considering the E for everyone rating.

Edited by Thor.