The last poster wins

TheCalliton

My parents had a very mentoring approach to parenting. I was always given a lot of freedom, and expected to both make decisions for myself, and deal with the consequences. They were always there with guidance if I needed it, and any decisions about myself I had to make for myself once I was old enough to do so. They always treated me with respect, and that meant I was very loyal and obedient right from a young age. They never needed to punish me, because I didn't want to break what rules they imposed in the first place.

In my experience the best sort of discipline is when people obey you because they want to. Obedience through fear of punishment always has a limit, and tends to create a certain resentment. Obedience through loyalty however, is always much stronger and I would also say much healthier.

I've probably said this before, but my mother is an academic. Her field is child psychology and education, so I'm not surprised that her style of parenting was a bit different to most.

Edited by Vindekarr

Aye, that's definitely the best way. My parents were very nice to me (and my siblings), but if I misbehaved, then I got punished. Simple as that.

Unrelated, but there is something I noticed about weapon design in Skyrim: simply by decreasing the brightness of metal by 10% will completely change the way it looks in-game. It's funny how the tiniest little tweaks can massively alter a blade's appearance...

HAAA HAAA mod idea, What if the dragon shouts where puke, burps, coughing, but the outcome of those burps and coughing, or puking was so devastating that you are known as Dragon puke.. Everyone fears your farts to, shouty funny stuff ensue's. I wonder why you never hear from that part of the body, I mean wouldn't the fart shouting be more potent. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by Thor.

:huh: ... Okay. :laugh:

There is actually a mod which turns the 3rd person shouting animation into one where you bend over and fart at your enemies, so that's kinda like what you're asking for. :tongue:

I love this time of year. It's when all the sugar cane starts to flower and you can just see an endless plain of light-pink - it looks really special.

Edited by billyro

Agreed, Billy. Although for different reasons. Victoria is at it's best around now, most of the trees are losing their leaves and the fields have turned yellow-gold. The sky is usually dark grey or even black in places, and it's overcast nearly every day. It's moody, dramatic and just plain beautiful. Especially with all the Ghost Gums.

Moving my ps3 and stuff to the new place in a couple of days, i won't have internet for 3 days, i'm going to go freaking crazy lol. probly not woop. :blink: :blink:

I really like the fact in Elite dangerous there is no sound in space, only what you here in your cabiin, proof of that is at the end when he has to eject from the space ship. brilliant all i have to say.

Not to many games get that right, or movies for that matter.

Edited by Thor.

Metro: Last Light is a pretty awesome game. I wasn't expecting much, since it's a Deep Silver title, and they've never failed to disappoint me in the past, but the game does a fantastic job of creating the atmosphere and storyline. It's definitely an improvement over the previous title.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it (even though I haven't played the previous). I played it on the Xbox 360 though, so I'm not sure what it's like with actual good graphics, but still a fun game. I really liked how ammo was scarce - much more interesting and tense. I killed one of the boss creatures without any ammo, even though it took me a long time.

My only real complaint with it is that the sexual content was handled immaturely (a convenient nipple slip to please the adolescent teens? Come on...)

E3 Schedule

Monday 6/9

• 9:30am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing
  • 11:00am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing Post show
  • 11:30pm – Hotline Miami 2 (Dennaton Games/Devolver Digital)
  • 12:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview
  • 1:00pm – EA Special Event
  • 2:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Post show
  • 2:30pm – Bethesda (Unannounced title)
  • 3:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing
  • 4:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing Post show
  • 4:30pm – Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)
  • 5:00pm – Dying Light (Techland)
  • 5:30pm – Final thoughts
  • 6:00pm – PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference

Pleeeease Fallout 4

PLEASE