The last poster wins

TheCalliton

i have zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Roller coaster tycoon 3 had best graphics of its time????, not possible, but, but it is :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by Thor.

27mbps, and steam is stuck around 2.5mbps. I expected better from you steam, sigh.

Um, steam has no download limit.

In the settings you can even limit it to 25MB/s, so its not steam. Maybe the servers were busy or you were doing something else that used bandwidth at the same time.

My fondest memory of Rollercoaster Tycoon, was it's ability to compress working life into a microcosm. You always started out ambitious and wanting to do good. You were going to create the one park to rule them all, the greatest park ever created. From there it was a simple step from artist, to engineer. As your skills grew, they tempered your ambition but broadened what you could actually build. Then the money started to run out.

From there you became the Capitalist. You had to make money, and this lead you to make bigger and bigger compromises. You still had the dream and the drive to create the ultimate park, but without even realising it you were starting become increasingly cynical. From the Capitalist you then fell further and become the Ultracapitalist. "Hungry? have a hotdog for $1.50, toilets are $40" You needed money, and to an increasing degree that began to override any empathy you had for your parkgoers. And while you now have enough money to take a scrooge-dive into, you've ultimately lost sight of the original goal you set out to achieve.

And you don't even care. These human cattle simply bring money, it's irrelevant what they think of your park as long as they pay for it's upkeep. Once you're this calculating and cynical, you've become the Overlord, and from there it's all down-hill. You've been playing a few hours now, and you're becoming bored. You're rich beyond your wildest dreams but your dreams are shattered and you're quickly becoming disenfranchised.

You become the madman. Your park's demeanour has darkened to match your own, with rides becoming increasingly dangerous. You like that: the point of a rollercoaster is to make them scream, so why not give them something to scream about? There's only one step further to fall.

You've become a true Mad Architect, and your park owes more to SAW than Disney World. They'll scream on your rollercoasters, that's for darn sure, especially as they fly towards certain death at 180 MPH! Your primary purpose is to inflict abject misery upon all of your victims-because that's what they are, victims. Cattle to be slaughtered. You've finally achieved your dream of creating a fantastical, incredible, impossible theme park, but sadly for your visitors, the reality is a twisted nightmare.

*bows* Hat's off to anybody who read all that. That was always the trajactory my games followed: I would start out with an idea, wanting to entertain and engineer, and inevitably I ended up creating deliberately dangerous death machines and firing people into the neighbouring park. Afterall, they technically didn't die in your park and early 2000s AI wasn't capable of working out who was actually responsible for the flying, burning rollercoasters.

Edited by Vindekarr