The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Its an impressive building, they recently renovated and put fiber throughout the building, its a central hub if you ask me. The speeds unbelievable.

lol fiber optics

Croatia doesn't have fiber optics.

Maybe it does in some regions, but they are so expensive I'd have to sell my testicles, a kidney, donate half of my blood and make a goat sacrifice to satan to pay it off. Every month.

Whilst in Bulgaria, like we discussed before, you fart and you get 40Mb/s out of your ass.

This is what I had there on my phone:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/n2d0sy.jpg

To compare, this is my phone right now:

http://www.speedtest.net/wp/13715402.png

*crying*

Edited by Iv000

I get 50mbps down 10mbps up, you're point is invalid. 5.5MB/s, also is your plan unlimited??, The only reason why its capped around 27mbps is because of fibe tv. We just got rid of it,

can you do this 5 times without being dinged by your isp??

http://oi58.tinypic.com/29x8z2e.jpg

Take that hour and a half and cut it in half with 50mbps. :dance: see thats the kinds of speeds were talking about :dance:

Edited by Thor.

I feel your pain, i was like that at my old place. i wanted somewhere with fast internet and i got my wish. Suffering as i was all those years, i think i deserve it.

I get around 1.2 to 1.6 megaBYTES per second download, which is great considering how affordable my plan is and where I live. Overall I know that isn't particularly fast, but I'm still impressed with my ISP. They bill me for 1.5 MB/S and I get ~1.5 MB/S. They even warn me days in advance if there's go to be an outage.

It took me a week to download Far Cry 3, since I could only download at night. Waaaah.

Whining aside, it would be nice if someone here would give my ISP some competition.

One question. Where you live is your telephone company your ISP as well?

I'm in the Appalachian mountains under Windstream Communications. Yep, they get to do it all. They keep buying out all their competitors.

That wraps it up! Glad everyone got to make a comparison. I hope some of you realized how Wi-Fi can strain your speeds a little when it is enabled on your Modem.

As long as you have a super fast system your Wi-Fi should not cause any noticeable changes.

Unless lightning strikes it sounds like you're all good to go.

:geek: ( Picks up Lightning Rod umbrella and clips ground wires to boots.) Always Keep one foot on the ground!

"See ya" in the :laugh: Movies. :sad: