The last poster wins

TheCalliton

At least you know what went wrong, and have learned from it. Most people need a few tries to pass, driving is a skill that takes time to build up.

Yeah. 30 hours of driving is the usual time when you go to an exam, it took 50 for me, but I still feel like that's not enough. I need a few more to fix the mistakes I'm doing, and get some other things into habit. Better luck next time then, I hope I'll be calmer as well.

I had been driving for over 80 hours before I took my exam, and I failed twice (didn't stop at a stop-sign properly the first time, went too fast through a school zone the second time) so I'd have to say that you're doing quite well from the sounds of it.

You'll get it, don't worry about it. :)

Yeah. 30 hours of driving is the usual time when you go to an exam, it took 50 for me, but I still feel like that's not enough. I need a few more to fix the mistakes I'm doing, and get some other things into habit. Better luck next time then, I hope I'll be calmer as well.

Driving skill boils down to experience and mindset. You'll develop both over time, it's just a matter of practising and letting yourself learn. 50 hours isn't a very long time, considering the complexity of the skills you're trying to develop.

I don't know if this helps, but a professional racing pilot needs about fifteen years of experience and learning before they can embark on their career. The vast majority of racing sports are what's known as "feeder series" and exist purely to teach drivers. Most spend atleast ten years doing these "feeder" events before they're entrusted with an actual race car.

I f***ed up when I was exiting the parking lot and I didn't stop the car fully.

I never do that at all, life's short enough as it is and I don't want to spend half of it waiting in front of a parking lot exit. :smile:

By the way guys, this thread is third in "My content". Third. As in, in third place. You know - one, two, this thread. Behind two more not very active threads at that. It's embarrassing. :facepalm:

I failed.

It was actually very easy, but I f***ed up when I was exiting the parking lot and I didn't stop the car fully.

Meh, such a stupid mistake. I'll try better next time I guess

You only failed on one thing? Wow! Good job. Apparently you've done what many new drivers do and just went with what you've seen other drivers do. it's called going with the flow. Except in the test that isn't correct. Oops! One thing out of all the rest is a sign you learned from some good drivers. You deserve a pat on the back for all the driving parts you did pass. Pat, pat, etc.

A real person I talked to a couple of days ago didn't know the difference between a Motel and Hotel. :no:

Castle Transylvania is a Hotel. :yes:

Shasta soda pop is in a can. Or at least the last time I saw it being sold in stores it was. The motel had the same name as a hotel. The hotel was built years after the motel was torn down. :wallbash: Both had the same name as the soda pop. :yes:

Would buying this be a terrible idea? My backup hard drive failed, and I'm considering getting an SSD to replace it. I'll run programs off the SSD, then use the 1TB HDD to install games and have a partition for backups.

Driving skill boils down to experience and mindset. You'll develop both over time, it's just a matter of practising and letting yourself learn. 50 hours isn't a very long time, considering the complexity of the skills you're trying to develop.

I don't know if this helps, but a professional racing pilot needs about fifteen years of experience and learning before they can embark on their career. The vast majority of racing sports are what's known as "feeder series" and exist purely to teach drivers. Most spend atleast ten years doing these "feeder" events before they're entrusted with an actual race car.

It does help, I kinda had a feeling that I'm just not really made to drive. After hearing that it just takes some time, some more than others, from you and another person, I felt better about it. I'm also not as afraid of cars as I was before. So yeah, thank you. Support from more experienced people is always helpful no matter what it's about. :)

I never do that at all, life's short enough as it is and I don't want to spend half of it waiting in front of a parking lot exit. :smile:

Rules are rules :tongue: cant do much about that. It is a mistake and a fairly big one at that, especially for a beginner. Oh well, a few more hours of driving and I hope that I'll straighten things out.

You only failed on one thing? Wow! Good job. Apparently you've done what many new drivers do and just went with what you've seen other drivers do. it's called going with the flow. Except in the test that isn't correct. Oops! One thing out of all the rest is a sign you learned from some good drivers. You deserve a pat on the back for all the driving parts you did pass. Pat, pat, etc.

Yeah, I had a lady driving instructor for 25 hours at first. She yelled at me, criticized my mistakes a lot, stressed me out and just made me feel bad. I had 3 breakdowns after I was driving with her, not only was I at first afraid of the car and doing something wrong, she made it VERY clear that I was doing many things wrong and that I wasnt improving, and she made me feel so s*** about myself that my head was hurting after every session.

I took a few months of break then, to get rid of schoolwork and stuff. Recently I got a male instructor, 20 years of professional driving experience. Man, one week with him and I feel better about driving already, I don't do as many mistakes but truth be told I am a special case and I need a longer time to learn things than others. A few more hours of driving and I feel like I'll be able to get that license easily.

And on another, totally separate topic:

Ear piercings

Does anyone have any experience with ear piercings? I've been thinking of getting a double helix on one of my ears, but I have 0 experience and knowledge when it comes to piercings. Any helps is appreciated, I should probably also go consult a piercing/tattoo person, and a doctor.

Edited by Iv000