The last poster wins

TheCalliton

It does help, I kinda had a feeling that I'm just not really made to drive. After hearing that it just takes some time, some more than others, from you and another person, I felt better about it. I'm also not as afraid of cars as I was before. So yeah, thank you. Support from more experienced people is always helpful no matter what it's about. :smile:

It's not about natural talent, it's about experience. I've been around cars all my life, and I needed four tries to get my road licence. It took me more than a year to get accustomed to driving, and I'm still learning as I go now. Driving a car is a pretty complicated skill to master, it takes a long time, so give yourself a chance.

Another story that may or may not help: For most Formula 1 fans, Ayrton Senna was arguably the most "naturally talented" racing driver who ever lived.

He was a virtuoso: totally focused and capable of steering a car along the knife-edge of control seemingly without effort. And yet even with his level of talent, he needed decades to become a successful racer. He started at around 12-13, and didn't hit his peak until he was 30. He wasn't perfect, either: he was very much a late-bloomer, and spent a large portion of his career crashing, making embarrassing mistakes and generally not impressing people at all. He didn't pass his first driving exam, either.

Ear piercings

Does anyone have any experience with ear piercings? I've been thinking of getting a double helix on one of my ears, but I have 0 experience and knowledge when it comes to piercings. Any helps is appreciated, I should probably also go consult a piercing/tattoo person, and a doctor.

If you must. The hardest part of what I remember was keeping the post clean and repeatedly remove and clean it and your ear. It takes awhile for the ear to heal all the way through. Once it heals up nicely you'll have a nice post hole for life. I prefer magnet ear devices. No piercing and they seldom fall off. If you get snagged on something you don't get your ear ripped from the force of the spasm of trying to save your ear. You definitely will feel a tug with magnet earrings too. If you're a little numb from partying, you may lose an earring but your ear last forever.

I recommend magnets/clasps over getting your ears pierced. That way you can experiment a bit with different looks, get an idea of what they feel like and see how people react, without actually inflicting a permanent piercing. Modern clasps are really good, nobody would notice so long as you kept them on.

As for actual piercings, Pagafyr is right. They take a while to heal, but they're fine after that. It stings a helluva lot though when they're fresh, and you'll want to get a proper professional to do it. Anybody "can" pierce your ears, but this isn't something you want to do cheaply. Any sort of cut can get infected afterall, and ear infections hurt.

Edited by Vindekarr

I have to say, man i am liking my Onkyo, it has some neat upscaling. I never thought that it would bring new life into ps3 games, especially the 720P stuff. They get instantly upscaled to 1080P. its freaking sweet. Finally ps3 in hd.

Woot Borderlands 2 in 1080P for once.

Just the scaling makes me want to revisit all of the oldies. :dance: :dance: One thing that makes the qdeo chip unique from the rest of the competition is that the qdeo chip in those HD receivers are the best on the market. its scales all sources, not just a few like some i could mention, and it does it well :thumbsup:

Qdeo is imbedded in every input, including HDMI.

Edited by Thor.

I recommend magnets/clasps over getting your ears pierced. That way you can experiment a bit with different looks, get an idea of what they feel like and see how people react, without actually inflicting a permanent piercing. Modern clasps are really good, nobody would notice so long as you kept them on.

As for actual piercings, Pagafyr is right. They take a while to heal, but they're fine after that. It stings a helluva lot though when they're fresh, and you'll want to get a proper professional to do it. Anybody "can" pierce your ears, but this isn't something you want to do cheaply. Any sort of cut can get infected afterall, and ear infections hurt.

Yeah, I thought about that too.

I ordered a pair of fake ones from ebay, I'll first see how I like those. I also asked around, piercing the upper part of the ear is painful, it takes half a year to heal, and in the end if I take them out for longer than a week they might even start closing up and healing fully. So I'm really not sure about it, sounds like a lot of pain for a pair of metal rings.