⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The last poster wins

TheCalliton

The stuff I am watching right now, and as I know this is very much a multi-cultural forum, Charlie Brooker (the host) is a perfect example of the true British rather than the f***-up alcoholic moronic apes the media pretend to expose us. (If you want a good laugh at like-minded people like me, youtube Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell. I swear they stole my mind :laugh:

FYI some bits go off on a tangent but if you tolerate it (and perhaps enjoy the ironic humour) without clicking on something else you will get a good laugh. ...but seriously after this (or skip it if you cant be bothered) type "David Mitchell rant" in youtube and enjoy :smile:

EDIT: I never saw this so im watching it now :D his "Gameswipe" which is a bit more apt for this forum :smile: Anyone else remember thriving over GamesMaster?

Its in parts the next part is normally at the top of related files

Edited by Ironman5000

OH darn...oh no...no no no...I stumbled on a video that has enraged me beyond belief, and have voiced me views tonight about this (don't care if it gets seen I HAD to vent) but if you don't find my comment, I will surmise in saying that Jon Snow is f*#@ing moronic c*%! and everyone like him have no place in the distribution of public information (the news) and banned, and at the very least, monitored on social media sites to prevent the spread of hatred which "the news" focus on. Watch this s#*!;

I want to run him over repeatedly in my stolen car and beat him to death with the baseball bat I earned for selling dope to contacts. T.W.A.T.

I'm completely without desire to watch what you provided. I've passed out from hunger once today. What gets me is that I have food up a floor from my computer room. I just don't feel like eating anything. It's as though I've hung up my gear, thrown in the towel, and parked my race car. I want a rocket ship with space enough for all the people who want to return to our MotherShip and go back to our home planet now.

ROARING Applause!

Encore! Encore!

:laugh: Curtain stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

Ugh Skyrim players are absolute suckers for texture replacers, the hot files always crawling with them. I made one to replace the bones one afternoon, mainly for a play around and to test out how a png title with transparency would work for a mod page (not a great use of the site but hey-ho) and now it has over 1.7k endorsements shadowing mods I spent days/weeks to create :/ People are idiots.

Don't even get me started on all the follower mods...

If the handle was originally a cylinder, you can straighten the UV maps out and then scale the tileable texture to fit inside it and the texture should line up perfectly. The straighten UV tool is very useful in situations like that.

The specular/environment map only control reflectivity in Skyrim, so adding contrast to those only makes the darker areas less reflective and the lighter areas more reflective: the actual detail remains the same. I'm going to experiment with normal maps tomorrow (actually, today, since it's 3am) and see if adding an excessive amount of depth to those will bring out the metal details.

I don't use tileable textures, I consider them an abomination.

Also, I wanted to say a normal map but I was working on a specular and had a brain fart. :tongue:

People are idiots.

Wish that was a bumper sticker. You can put it on textures though, write "you're an idiot" somewhere in the unused space and call it a hotfix. :D

And now a pop quiz for bandits...

You see a Breton battlemage wearing Daedric armor conjure two Dremora Lords, tear apart a mammoth, trap it's soul, then proceed to launch a giant across half the map with a thunderbolt. What do you do?

Correct answer: Attack him with a pickaxe yelling "Can't wait to count on your coin!"

Gotta love those guys, they're not afraid of anything.

If the handle was originally a cylinder, you can straighten the UV maps out and then scale the tileable texture to fit inside it and the texture should line up perfectly. The straighten UV tool is very useful in situations like that.

The specular/environment map only control reflectivity in Skyrim, so adding contrast to those only makes the darker areas less reflective and the lighter areas more reflective: the actual detail remains the same. I'm going to experiment with normal maps tomorrow (actually, today, since it's 3am) and see if adding an excessive amount of depth to those will bring out the metal details.

I don't use tileable textures, I consider them an abomination.

Also, I wanted to say a normal map but I was working on a specular and had a brain fart. :tongue:

A very useful abomination. :yes:

This is how overkill I made the normal maps:

http://puu.sh/g55as/5fb4e4c9c3.jpghttp://puu.sh/g551Q/343855758e.jpg

The bottom image just has black underneath so you can see it better. I gave it soooo much depth, but it just didn't produce clear details. As you can see in the diffuse texture, the blade clearly has minor scratches and marks, yet in-game it looks like one bland colour. I want to fix that!

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot that I hadn't actually tested those textures out in-game. They are, in-fact, quite detailed. Too much so!

http://puu.sh/g57SS/863b7bf077.jpg

So yeah, I'm going to have to reduce it all, now. Muchly!

(And I have to agree with you Werne that tileable textures look pretty crappy when you can see where it tiles... )

EDIT 2: Oh yes ~

http://puu.sh/g59sl/6e9155b28b.jpg

Okay, no more pictures now. :P

Ugh Skyrim players are absolute suckers for texture replacers, the hot files always crawling with them. I made one to replace the bones one afternoon, mainly for a play around and to test out how a png title with transparency would work for a mod page (not a great use of the site but hey-ho) and now it has over 1.7k endorsements shadowing mods I spent days/weeks to create :/ People are idiots.

Don't even get me started on all the follower mods...

That reminds me of my Wisp Mother retexture: it took an afternoon to make, and has gotten over 800 endorsements, whereas my (admittedly outdated) sword pack took about a week to make and only has 76 endorsements. Weird!

And yeah, I remember seeing that Rosa Round-Bottom follower for the first time, and I was like, "Come on, really?! This is a blatant appeal to the sleazy audience without having the slightest unique feature aside from her being curvaceous."

... And yet today it nearly has 3,000 endorsements. :psyduck:

And now a pop quiz for bandits...

You see a Breton battlemage wearing Daedric armor conjure two Dremora Lords, tear apart a mammoth, trap it's soul, then proceed to launch a giant across half the map with a thunderbolt. What do you do?

Correct answer: Attack him with a pickaxe yelling "Can't wait to count on your coin!"

Gotta love those guys, they're not afraid of anything.

Try a mod like Fight or Fly, which makes the bandits considerably less absolutely stupid.

Edited by billyro

People are idiots.

Wish that was a bumper sticker. You can put it on textures though, write "you're an idiot" somewhere in the unused space and call it a hotfix. :D

Yes I am actually going to make that and upload it, screenshot with a believable alternate on the front, but after they install and see the back of the player, it will read "I am a TWAT" in huge letters (or something along those line)

I really enjoy reading little bumper stickers that say smart things about everyone, "Which includes the Author of them!" I don't mind being thought of as one with the universe, I just seem to fondly remember when it was a fun place to be, and I didn't care if I acted like a child before the modern civilized edu peeps started teaching us ways to educate our children even before they could say Da da or Mom ma. Sadly, not everyone had access to the millions of doctorates available back when we were all vying for a bite of the forbidden fruit.

MINE! MINE! Don't eat that, that's MINE! WhY YOU! You ate mine after I forbade you to do that, That WAS MY LAST ONE! It was MINE mind you, MINE!

I ATE IT!

hehehe it was good.

I WIN!

ROARING Applause!

Encore! Encore!

:laugh: Curtain stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

@billyro You know, a detailed normal is only as good as the specular map which puts emphasis on it's details. And useful or not, tiled textures are still abominations in my book.

Also, that last one looks good. Not sure how visible will the tiling be but that part of the blade in the pic does look good. Would've been better without those weirdly shaped fingers that are clipping through the hilt though. :tongue:

@Ironman Nice. If you end up doing it, do post a link, I could use a laugh.