The last poster wins

TheCalliton

To be honest, I find the game boring, there's just nothing to do in it, the whole thing is a "looks first, gameplay never" kinda title and they expect us to add gameplay ourselves. Unless I get quest mods, which generally have performance and/or stability drawbacks, the game makes me fall asleep.

I prefer Oblivion/Morrowind and their stick figure animations over TES V Grindfest, but those two have a nasty habit of running like ass on newer processors. I swear to god, my old Athlon 64 would run Morrowind and Oblivion better than my current CPU.

Oh, and Skyrim now works. Mostly, anyway. It stopped artifacting but now I get this:

ScreenShot82.jpg

NPCs occasionally die for no reason, float in mid-air and start spinning. I also can't switch to first-person anymore. Damn it, I was really hoping it would work this time.

Ah well, at least there's progress, just gotta figure out what's giving out.

EDIT: Figured it out - framerate, VSync was off in the drivers and the engine crumbled. I seriously hope Bethesda ditches Gamebryo on their next game cause this is just unacceptable.

Edited by Werne

Hahaha, and that happens to lots of NPCs? What a weird glitch! :laugh:

Sometimes I see NPCs half-submerged in the ground or floating 10 feet in the air, but never dead, rotated and flying all at the same time.

I seriously hope Bethesda ditches Gamebryo on their next game cause this is just unacceptable.

They should, but they probably won't. My guess is that they'll expand the engine to be 64-bit or whatever that's called, and improve the graphical fidelity again. That's probably it. Fallout 4 will most likely be as glitchy and crashy as Skyrim...

It would be nice if they did use a new engine, though. Apparently Unreal Engine 4 is quite similar to the Gamebryo (or Creation Engine) so I don't understand why they don't switch to that. Maybe they just like having their own thingy to fiddle with. :tongue:

Also, I think I've finally got the metal textures to look good:

http://puu.sh/gh1Aw/07d63ae664.jpg

http://puu.sh/gh1FT/6c000d573b.jpg

http://puu.sh/gh1Iq/c3f74428b3.jpg

It's a bit bright, but that's mostly just the angle I took the screenshots at (reflecting the sun). I think I need to tweak the blood UV maps some more...

Also, ESO drops its subscription fees in 16 days - will I be seeing anyone else in Tamriel after that happens? :smile:

Edited by billyro

http://puu.sh/ghg1w/6935307707.jpg

This will be the first image when I upload the mod. :tongue:

It looks as if she got her period in the middle of a dance move and the guy is all "Now that's just disgusting...".

Perfect for the mod's main image. :thumbsup:

By the way, since I started a new game (my saves got f***ed when the engine bugged out), here's some Skyrim logic...

You're commanding a legion of Imperial soldiers in Helgen. You see an Imperial woman wearing a full set of Legion heavy armor and wielding an Imperial sword enter the room. What do you do?

Correct answer: Yell "Stormcloak traitor!" and attempt to kill her. :rolleyes:

http://puu.sh/ghg1w/6935307707.jpg

This will be the first image when I upload the mod. :tongue:

It looks as if she got her period in the middle of a dance move and the guy is all "Now that's just disgusting...".

Perfect for the mod's main image. :thumbsup:

Damn, I can't use that now you've shown me what it looks like! :tongue:

Maybe I'll use this one instead:

http://puu.sh/ghCX2/a6ab6b48cf.jpg

No more periods... though still the same amount of blood. :yes:

By the way, since I started a new game (my saves got f***ed when the engine bugged out), here's some Skyrim logic...

You're commanding a legion of Imperial soldiers in Helgen. You see an Imperial woman wearing a full set of Legion heavy armor and wielding an Imperial sword enter the room. What do you do?

Correct answer: Yell "Stormcloak traitor!" and attempt to kill her. :rolleyes:

I haven't tried it before, but this mod might be what you'd want in that case. :smile: It looks like it's done well enough.

Damn, I can't use that now you've shown me what it looks like! :tongue:

Maybe I'll use this one instead:

http://puu.sh/ghCX2/a6ab6b48cf.jpg

No more periods... though still the same amount of blood. :yes:

Aw, I was looking forward to seeing that image on the hot file carousel. :tongue:

And by the way, judging by that look of excitement and joy on your character's face while chopping a person to bits, I think he might be just a little bit of a psychopath.

I haven't tried it before, but this mod might be what you'd want in that case. :smile: It looks like it's done well enough.

I don't know, I'm always weary when it comes to faction-changing mods, they often tend to screw up quests and inter-faction relationships. I remember this one mod that did the same in FO3 and it made Enclave soldiers fight Colonel Autumn, breaking The Waters of Life and Take it Back quests. Then after the author fixed that by changing Autumn's faction relationship, it broke other mods.

I'll take this one apart with TES5Edit and take a look though, might use it if it doesn't conflict with anything since the way factions act in Skyrim is so dumb it makes me laugh sometimes. Every time Stormcloak soldiers act all nice to me and sell me stuff while I as an Imperial stand in front of them in full Legion armor, I feel like those guys who made the game are bloody idiots.

EDIT: I just figured out how to change my name in Skyrim without running ShowRaceMenu and f***ing everything up. :dance:

Edited by Werne

Argh, sorry Ironman, I haven't installed Oblivion on this PC yet. :sad:

Aw, I was looking forward to seeing that image on the hot file carousel. :tongue:

And by the way, judging by that look of excitement and joy on your character's face while chopping a person to bits, I think he might be just a little bit of a psychopath.

I made that character specifically for that purpose. :D

I have a few candidates for my first image, like the one where he's chasing down an innocent bunny rabbit with a maniacal laugh. :P

I don't know, I'm always weary when it comes to faction-changing mods, they often tend to screw up quests and inter-faction relationships. I remember this one mod that did the same in FO3 and it made Enclave soldiers fight Colonel Autumn, breaking The Waters of Life and Take it Back quests. Then after the author fixed that by changing Autumn's faction relationship, it broke other mods.

I'll take this one apart with TES5Edit and take a look though, might use it if it doesn't conflict with anything since the way factions act in Skyrim is so dumb it makes me laugh sometimes. Every time Stormcloak soldiers act all nice to me and sell me stuff while I as an Imperial stand in front of them in full Legion armor, I feel like those guys who made the game are bloody idiots.

EDIT: I just figured out how to change my name in Skyrim without running ShowRaceMenu and f***ing everything up. :dance:

Hopefully Fallout 4 implements faction armour. New Vegas had it, so I don't see why not. Obsidian did quite a few things in New Vegas that Bethesda should take note of, come to think of it...

I thought that in Skyrim, as long as you didn't change race or gender in showracemenu, your stats are unaffected? Still, I always double-check after doing a face edit just in case.

@Ironman I'd do it but Oblivion won't even start for me, just keeps asking for a disc even though it's inserted. I hate Oblivion's copy protection, at least in FO3 I could copy FalloutLauncher.exe over from the disc and bypass SecuROM that way, I can't do the same in this case.

Hopefully Fallout 4 implements faction armour. New Vegas had it, so I don't see why not. Obsidian did quite a few things in New Vegas that Bethesda should take note of, come to think of it...

I thought that in Skyrim, as long as you didn't change race or gender in showracemenu, your stats are unaffected? Still, I always double-check after doing a face edit just in case.

Here's hoping, I loved the faction armor in NV, it's one of those things I found lacking in FO3.

And ShowRaceMenu does mess things up, at least for me. It re-distributes points across magicka/health/stamina and removes all perks, racial bonuses and powers. Not to mention it screws damn near everything up if I'm a werewolf/vampire. So I worked my way around SetActorFullName command which uses a MESG instead of a string like in Oblivion, been that way since FO3 but FOSE/NVSE had a SetName command as a supplement (FO3/NV also had ShowNameMenu).

Anyway, I just copied one of the messages from Skyrim.esm into a new ESP as a new record using TES5Edit and changed it's name to what I want to name my character. Then I fired up Skyrim and ran player.setactorfullname 42000800 (gotta use the FormID), worked like a charm. :smile:

EDIT: I managed to get my axe in Skyrim! :dance:

ScreenShot87.jpg

I'll have to adjust the mesh and textures though, I don't like how the handle connects to the head. I also gotta figure out how to get the blood working, got nowhere so far. Didn't test the collision either, I did collide it with Degaine's head though.

Edited by Werne

Here's hoping, I loved the faction armor in NV, it's one of those things I found lacking in FO3.

Hmm I might make that for FO3 if noone has already :smile: